Should I get a Vita for New Year's?

#1JudgmentAeonPosted 8/14/2013 7:54:56 AM
My main concern is whether or not there is a good enough library of games to warrant the purchase. When I got my 3DS before the price drop, there were not really that many original titles, so I had to wait before things got excellent.
I also have a PSP and PS3, so my main concern is Vita titles, not PSP or PSN games.
I'm into JRPGs and visual novels mostly, so the main things I'd want to get on the Vita are P4G, Dangan Ronpa, Virtue's Last Reward, and maybe Dragon's Crown.
Is it worth it to drop the $250+ cash for a Vita for me?
---
Official Terminal Man of the SMT IV board
"If someone blushes, doesn't that mean 'yes'?" - The Little Prince
#2kingofall214Posted 8/14/2013 8:00:58 AM
JudgmentAeon posted...
My main concern is whether or not there is a good enough library of games to warrant the purchase. When I got my 3DS before the price drop, there were not really that many original titles, so I had to wait before things got excellent.
I also have a PSP and PS3, so my main concern is Vita titles, not PSP or PSN games.
I'm into JRPGs and visual novels mostly, so the main things I'd want to get on the Vita are P4G, Dangan Ronpa, Virtue's Last Reward, and maybe Dragon's Crown.

It's hard to say. You say you're not interested in psp/psn games but then you said you were interested in Dragons Crown.

If you're looking for a vita for vita only games I would say no it's not worth it. If you would buy the vita version of PSN/PS3 games then I would say maybe.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#3mishimarampoakuPosted 8/14/2013 8:19:11 AM
JudgmentAeon posted...

It is worth it, but I would recommend getting it after Gamescom or Black Friday (why New Year's). For Vita some Japanese games:

Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God (aka Holy Sorcery Story not released yet)
Ys: Memories of Celceta (Not released yet)
Atelier totori plus (digital download only)/ Meruru is coming soon
Demon Gaze (Not released yet)
Muramasa Rebirth (I personally like Dragon's Crown better)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Not released yet)