Phil Rogers Square Enix EU CEO will get to the bottom of FFType-0 localization

#1OtakuGameraPosted 8/14/2013 5:59:39 PM
Two weeks ago, Phil Rogers (CEO for Square Enix in the Americas and Europe) posted on the European Square Enix Blog in order to share his vision with all the fans around the world.

But more than that, he also asked to be flooded by feedback from fans. It was of course a great opportunity for our cause to be heard. So I grab my keyboard and sent him an email about Final Fantasy Type-0. I also asked you to do the same. And the good news is: he answered me.

Hi Khalia,

Thanks for the note and Iíve done a Ďlotí of reading, which has been great actually to read what people think and feel. On the one hand itís great that people care so passionately about our games, but on the other itís clear weíve frustrated some people out there which certainly is not our intention.

So to your point, Iíve seen your Facebook page and I hear your question clearly. Iíve posted on the blog that this is one of the first questions Iím going to tackle. Itís not a quick question to answer but Iím looking into it and Iíll update everyone when I can. But I mentioned (again on the blog) that I donít want to get hopes up as localising previously released games sometimes isnít possible when the team have moved onto other projects. But I will look into this thoroughly.

Thanks for the email,

Phil

Even if he canít promise us anything, knowing that Final Fantasy Type-0 is one of his priorities is great. Also, knowing that the game is already localized, it should not be an issue that the Type-0 team is working on something else.

Operation Suzaku will keep trying to convince Square Enix and Sony to release Final Fantasy Type-0 for the West. With more than 1,000 followers on Twitter and 25,000 likes on Facebook, we now need 1,377 petition signatures in order to meet our third milestones. Once meet, I will reach Square Enix JP and Sony. More about it here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652119

whatever the answer may be im glad we will finally get an answer to this travesty
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#2BerlingerTPosted 8/14/2013 6:02:20 PM
I love the way this topic is titled. It's like Phil is a man with a mission.

But good to hear someone is looking into it. I just hope that if he does, it doesn't get localized to EU and not US. But even if it does, importing is a wonderful thing.
---
PSN (PS3/Vita): L2K7
Now Playing: Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (PS Vita), Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP/PS Vita)
#3GameNextPosted 8/14/2013 6:13:17 PM
yes! Yes! YES!
---
PSN: michael903
#4eixeeeePosted 8/14/2013 6:20:55 PM
I don't see anything to get excited about, not yet anyway - at best he'll likely only tell us why it never came over, not suddenly announce a localisation out of nowhere.
---
Out of the way, punchline! //
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MV)
#5alexg1989Posted 8/14/2013 6:21:16 PM
bleh, am NOT getting my hopes up.
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#6RjmhartPosted 8/14/2013 6:27:51 PM
If it will definitely not happen, I would rather know that. I hope it does localizd though.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#7SummerBluesPosted 8/14/2013 6:30:37 PM
I think they're waiting for a vita enhanced port.
#8RjmhartPosted 8/14/2013 7:01:04 PM
I really just want more Vita RPGs. If it carries the Final Fantasy name, then great. It would be a big step forward from having to say "Persona and a bunch of indies" when someone asks about RPGs.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#9AiuchiFanboiPosted 8/14/2013 7:25:45 PM
The game is pretty much finished. They should just pay bbq chickens the money for the song and finish this crap up. Worst case start a kickstarter and let us pay off bbq chickens.

I guess ultimately though, why would Square pay the band and release the game in the west when A. it would be illegally downloaded onto the PSP or B, only sell about 100k on the Vita, which would only translate into about $2 million. Square spends more then $2 mill on Lightenings CGI boob physics, so I am sure they just would rather not waste any more time on the game.

Still though. good luck
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/NID/ Psikyo till the day I die
#10ReDDevil2112Posted 8/15/2013 12:02:03 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
With more than 1,000 followers on Twitter and 25,000 likes on Facebook, we now need 1,377 petition signatures in order to meet our third milestones.

Those arent impressive numbers at all...
---
They're a herd of people eating monsters! We can't let them have their way!!