Why doesnt Sony just release their unused IPs as Vita games?

#11cheezedadadaPosted 8/15/2013 4:40:44 PM
Angemon_23 posted...
"Why doesn't Sony just release their unused IPs as Vita games?"

Well, Sony would need money to get good teams to develop good games. Money that Sony either doesn't have or doesn't want to spend on projects that will probably not make a profit.

Yeah thats where I was going with that too..."just release" sounds like no big deal, but the truth is "just design/create/develop/etc etc" and paying an actually talented studio like Bend or someone of high standards.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#12DG1up(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 4:52:09 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Angemon_23 posted...

Well, Sony would need money to get good teams to develop good games. Money that Sony either doesn't have or doesn't want to spend on projects that will probably not make a profit.

Yeah thats where I was going with that too..."just release" sounds like no big deal, but the truth is "just design/create/develop/etc etc" and paying an actually talented studio like Bend or someone of high standards.

That's true. It does cost a lot of money to develop games. However, that does pose the question: knowing that it costs a lot of money to develop games, why even create a handheld gaming console that you as the first party will be responsible for developing and securing software for if you dont want to help foot the bill? You could've saved a lot of money and resources and just focused on home consoles, especially to just come in second place to Nintendo.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#13cheezedadadaPosted 8/15/2013 4:59:08 PM
DG1up posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Angemon_23 posted...

That's true. It does cost a lot of money to develop games. However, that does pose the question: knowing that it costs a lot of money to develop games, why even create a handheld gaming console that you as the first party will be responsible for developing and securing software for if you dont want to help foot the bill? You could've saved a lot of money and resources and just focused on home consoles, especially to just come in second place to Nintendo.

I bet they go into it expecting to get a good amount of 3rd party support, but then again who knows haha

There are games that have either already released or are coming that are being published by Sony (Tearaway, Killzone, LBP, Resistance, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, The Show and whatever else)....so they do exist, we just need to keep getting more of them.

No idea whats going to happen in regards to my Bend/Syphon Filter (or maybe a new uncharted?) theory...but for now, I just basically keep my eyes out for any possible news. If they happen to announce that Syphon Filter is actually going to see the light of day eventually then thats great...for now, I just sit back and watch though.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#14DG1up(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 6:25:25 PM
cheezedadada posted...
DG1up posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Angemon_23 posted...

I bet they go into it expecting to get a good amount of 3rd party support, but then again who knows haha

There are games that have either already released or are coming that are being published by Sony (Tearaway, Killzone, LBP, Resistance, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, The Show and whatever else)....so they do exist, we just need to keep getting more of them.

No idea whats going to happen in regards to my Bend/Syphon Filter (or maybe a new uncharted?) theory...but for now, I just basically keep my eyes out for any possible news. If they happen to announce that Syphon Filter is actually going to see the light of day eventually then thats great...for now, I just sit back and watch though.

True, and even though I personally love the Syphon Filter series, any Sony exclusive is welcomed by me. I dont have a Vita, but right now there's nothing on it that would justify spending more money vs getting a used PSP and the good games for that system. Hopefully both the Vita and Wii U get better first party support.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#15Number43Posted 8/15/2013 6:31:08 PM
They only have so much money they want to commit to use on developing titles, and they think it is better spent on what things they are making now than reviving other IP.
#16Bancario51Posted 8/15/2013 6:32:19 PM
probably because those IPs aren't very good.
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~