What is Sony waiting for?

#1MCcakePosted 8/15/2013 11:04:46 PM
I'm seeing the Vita struggling to get by, and it's just bothering me that Sony is doing close-to nothing to help it. Probably the two best things they can do is 1) give it a price drop, that's important. And 2) try to get more console-exclusive games, to make people want to buy it.

As a 3DS and former PSP owner, I really wish Sony would give it a push, because this is painful to watch... It's like the PSP got old, got injured in a firefighter accident, and is sitting around all day drinking beer and collecting disability checks. :/
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#2ITPPosted 8/15/2013 11:05:58 PM
There's a huge conference next week you know...
---
PSN ID: LeeorV
Now playing: The Last of Us, Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur
#3MCcake(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:15:26 PM
ITP posted...

Hopefully it's including the things I mentioned.
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#4elbarto1Posted 8/16/2013 1:41:30 AM
Companies see price drops as "giving in" and "admitting defeat" - they need to take a que from the 3DS, which only started selling well once it got a pricedrop below $200

theres a "sweet spot" for any type of physical goods and especially for handhelds which (I speculate) are predominantly purchased by adults for children/young people.

I totally understand a parent/family member not wanting to shell out $250 + accessories/games cost for a "children's toy" that can be easily dropped/damaged/lost/stolen (a home console has less risk in these areas).

bear in mind that there are exceptions to this rule - most of us on this site are older and may have purchased this item ourselves (i am 34 and have bought myself 2 vitas) but thats not the "target demographic" IMO.

Sony needs to accept this and look at the competition's formula (which is cleaning their clock currently) and follow suit.

Lower the price of the system, DRASTICALLY lower the price of the RIDICULOUSLY overpriced memory cards and make an effort to release more TOP QUALITY "system selling/must have" exclusive games.

if these things were to happen, I have no doubt that vita would be flying off shelves in no time. Had COD not been a total stinker, I think that might have been a real system seller, but instead we got a smelly useless turd that only made the vita look more unimpressive.

Price drop, better games, more value for consumers....
but hey, sony doesnt want to accept "defeat".
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#5sentoworfPosted 8/16/2013 1:44:55 AM
Sony is waiting for people to buy the Vita.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#6KillingHarderPosted 8/16/2013 1:57:38 AM
sentoworf posted...
Sony is waiting for people to buy the Vita.

People are waiting for games worth playing. Hopefully Ys and Killzone are those games.
#7bulletproofvitaPosted 8/16/2013 2:37:37 AM
ITP posted...

Sounds big.
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
[Pacific Rim : Movie of the year]