Wait Vita sold less than 17k in the NA in July? Worst selling console this gen?

#31KillingHarderPosted 8/16/2013 7:34:39 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
KillingHarder posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
surprise surprise here comes Vishana to white knight a troll. Come on, time to get off your knees there...

I'm not white knighting anyone you silly goose! Noivern aka Xeed just berated me for being excited for The Walking Dead in my topic. I was mere responding to the ludicrous post you made!

I think it's a Troll vs. Troll free-for-all on these forums. I haven't seen Servant in awhile.

I know I shouldn't respond to either Goon or Xeed, but I just can't help it sometimes.

I have no idea how he thought I was white knighing Xeed. All of us dislike him.

Yeah I don't think they get he fine art of disagree without being a troll. Though it's funny to watch the two trolls go head to head. OMG Servant vs. Xeed vs. Goon. We need this to happen.
#32Noivern(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 7:37:32 AM
Xeed?
#33Pasha777Posted 8/16/2013 7:49:09 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Pasha777 posted...
Noivern posted...
Wow. Where did Sony go wrong in your opinion? I mean hell, even the Wii U is non existant and it sold a bit more.

To answer your question: nope, 17k is bad but it's only NA. Meanwhile Wii U sold 160k worldwide in q1 (http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/31/4574032/nintendo-earnings-q1-2013), so 160k/3 months = ~54k / month (worldwide). Vita sells ~15-17k per week in Japan. So it's like 15k * 4 weeks = ~60k / month and only in Japan. Add Europe and the rest of the world and it's > 54k WiiUs. So, at this point, Wii U is the worst selling console this gen. I hope this answered your question :)

Maybe people in NA (and Europe) are waiting for a price cut? Sony did that in Japan and IMO they will announce a price cut at Gamescom. Along with the release of KZ:M.

>Adds EU, JP and rest of world numbers to Vita.
>Doesn't do the same for Wii U.
Logic go bye bye.

What do you mean? Wii U sold 160k in q1 worldwide, so it is NA 'EU, JP and rest of world'. I don't know worldwide numbers for the Vita, but only in Japan Vita sells better than Wii U worldwide (monthly).

Wii U monthy sales (worldwide): ~54k
Vita monthly sales (JP only): ~60k
60k > 54k

I don't have worldwide Vita numbers, but if it sells better in Japan alone than Wii U worldwide, it's good enough to prove that Wii U is the worst selling console. And that was OP question.
#34sentoworfPosted 8/16/2013 8:02:28 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Noivern posted...
Pasha777 posted...
Noivern posted...
Wow. Where did Sony go wrong in your opinion? I mean hell, even the Wii U is non existant and it sold a bit more.

To answer your question: nope, 17k is bad but it's only NA. Meanwhile Wii U sold 160k worldwide in q1 (http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/31/4574032/nintendo-earnings-q1-2013), so 160k/3 months = ~54k / month (worldwide). Vita sells ~15-17k per week in Japan. So it's like 15k * 4 weeks = ~60k / month and only in Japan. Add Europe and the rest of the world and it's > 54k WiiUs. So, at this point, Wii U is the worst selling console this gen. I hope this answered your

Vita is out way longer than Wii U though, so you can't really claim all of that.

yes he can, length of time is irrelevant, he just answered you and proved you wrong. now can you please shut up?

So the amount of time a system being available for purchase is completely irrelevant? The Wii U hasn't been out a year yet. The Vita has been available for 18 months in North America and close to two years in Japan. I remember you saying that it's unfair to compare Vita sales to 3DS sales since the 3DS was out much longer.

C'mon you know he's not good with numbers.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#35supremeblasterPosted 8/16/2013 8:03:33 AM
Pasha777 posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Pasha777 posted...
Noivern posted...

To answer your question: nope, 17k is bad but it's only NA. Meanwhile Wii U sold 160k worldwide in q1 (http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/31/4574032/nintendo-earnings-q1-2013), so 160k/3 months = ~54k / month (worldwide). Vita sells ~15-17k per week in Japan. So it's like 15k * 4 weeks = ~60k / month and only in Japan. Add Europe and the rest of the world and it's > 54k WiiUs. So, at this point, Wii U is the worst selling console this gen. I hope this answered your question :)

Maybe people in NA (and Europe) are waiting for a price cut? Sony did that in Japan and IMO they will announce a price cut at Gamescom. Along with the release of KZ:M.

>Adds EU, JP and rest of world numbers to Vita.
>Doesn't do the same for Wii U.
Logic go bye bye.

What do you mean? Wii U sold 160k in q1 worldwide, so it is NA 'EU, JP and rest of world'. I don't know worldwide numbers for the Vita, but only in Japan Vita sells better than Wii U worldwide (monthly).

Wii U monthy sales (worldwide): ~54k
Vita monthly sales (JP only): ~60k
60k > 54k

I don't have worldwide Vita numbers, but if it sells better in Japan alone than Wii U worldwide, it's good enough to prove that Wii U is the worst selling console. And that was OP question.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood the numbers there. Fail on me.
#36cheezedadadaPosted 8/16/2013 8:04:09 AM
Sign on to your real username, TC. Coward.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#37Megaman OmegaPosted 8/16/2013 8:14:27 AM
Sami1000 posted...
Undrey_ posted...
Noivern posted...
Undrey_ posted...
Vita sells more than that in a week in Japan.

Don't forget though that It's after a price cut there which also gives Sony less $$$. And even after it, these numbers are still pretty crappy even in Japan.

Let me see, 17k*205 dollars (price of WiFi Vita)= $3485000

And that's every week, as opposed to $4250000 for the whole month in the West.

So Sony can make Vita's without any costs? No shipping, building, storing costs? AMAZING!

Of course. Didn't you know?

Bill of Materials - $0
Assembly - $0
Overhead - $0
R&D - $0
Taxes - $0
Licencing - $0
Shipping - $0
Retailing - $0
Currency Exchange - $0
Pack-ins - $0
Online Infrastructure - $0
Warranty & Support - $0
Advertisement - It's like a nut that costs $0
Events, Sweeptakes, etc. - $0
Market Research - $0
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#38ThaPrinceRazielPosted 8/16/2013 8:18:29 AM
I believe it's the Wii U that holds the worst selling console in recent history title, not vita.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/wii-u-has-historically-bad-january-sells-about-50000-units-in-us/

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/jon-martindale/wii-u-has-worst-us-console-sales-in-two-generations/

I can understand your desperation and need to reassure yourself TC, but don't get reality mixed up with it.
---
Game Developers on Wii U: hahaha no...
squatch22: Xbox360 and PS3 are lower quality than Wii.
#39Skull_proPosted 8/16/2013 9:29:50 AM
Noivern posted...
Wow, and now they announced Playstation Pets? WTF Sony. Where are your glorious PSX/PS2 days? Exclusive Digimon games which will be remembered forever for example.

R.I.P. Vita. This is worse than ever.

You speak like Digimon now have no exclusive. Iirc, every game they made barring World 4 and Battle Arena 2, every digimon game was exclusive to one system.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls-Whoever wrote to AVGN
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396
#40Rurouni720Posted 8/16/2013 9:38:42 AM
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
I believe it's the Wii U that holds the worst selling console in recent history title, not vita.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/wii-u-has-historically-bad-january-sells-about-50000-units-in-us/

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/jon-martindale/wii-u-has-worst-us-console-sales-in-two-generations/

I can understand your desperation and need to reassure yourself TC, but don't get reality mixed up with it.

TC should have added handheld in his topic title, because as of late both WiiU/Vita sales are currently the worst in modern history of their respective markets, ESPECIALLY Vita. (though i actually wouldn't be surprised if Wii U outsold it WW for a bit once Fall arrives).

And as for your sig, i hope your not another one of those usual suspects from the Wii U board looking out for deflection.