Vita turns on but the screen does not

#1WEALLLOVELUNAPosted 8/17/2013 1:16:33 AM
I've tried the cold start and safe mode. The vita works fine, turns on, swipe gestures work, I can even load software. Problem is the front screen doesn't display any video. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
---
---PSN & Steam ID = WEALLLOVELUNA - I don't add blank requests, there needs to be a reason ...---
---3DS Friend Code - 4854-6632-6723 ---
#2stargazer64Posted 8/17/2013 7:24:57 AM
This problem is beyond any of you.

(call Sony)
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#3mishimarampoakuPosted 8/17/2013 7:44:29 AM
WEALLLOVELUNA posted...
I've tried the cold start and safe mode. The vita works fine, turns on, swipe gestures work, I can even load software. Problem is the front screen doesn't display any video. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just to be sure to access PS Vita safe mode you press "R" button + PS button + Power button at the same time for 5 seconds when the PS Vita system is off.
---
Did you press x after safe mode? The first option is to restart the vita, you can still try this even if you don't see anything.

You can also try system restore push the d pad button down 3 times to land on it in safe mode, screenshot of it is here:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode

After that it will probably ask you to confirm that is either on the right or left.