PSN stuck on "preparing download"

#1RokubatoPosted 8/17/2013 6:06:42 AM
Every time try downloading stuff it goes like this:
1.first download goes smoothly
2.second dl stuck on "preparing".

it wasn't like this a month ago, and it happens even if I switch to my Japanese account memory card.

I found out that if I close the psn completely , I can download again when entering, but it's extremely annoying...
Help anyone?
---
3DS FC: 3866 8114-7361
SS FC: 3052-0172-7764 (trading & Battle)
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 8/17/2013 6:14:14 AM
This has been a persistent problem affecting everyone for approximately 4 months. I'm kinda surprised this was the first time you encountered it. A few people here devised ways to try and circumvent the problem, but it didn't work for me. Sony really needs to fix this problem!
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#3Ambassador_KongPosted 8/17/2013 6:50:23 AM
The fact that this known issue hasn't been fixed shows exactly how much time, energy, and concern Sony has for the Vita.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#4Rokubato(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 6:58:41 AM
Well this sucks....
any news from sony about it? (and to think they just updated not too long ago...)
---
3DS FC: 3866 8114-7361
SS FC: 3052-0172-7764 (trading & Battle)
#5DorediaPosted 8/17/2013 7:01:48 AM
I thought I'd never get that loading problem...
Then I purchased Dragon's Crown.

Had to hard reset my vita twice to download that game.
#6Lord_VishanaPosted 8/17/2013 8:23:12 AM
Rokubato posted...
Well this sucks....
any news from sony about it? (and to think they just updated not too long ago...)

It's been reported by countless Vita owners so Sony has to be aware of it. People have posted about the issue on the PSVita Blog, Vita Hub, Sony's official forums, their youtube channel and I even contacted customer support and the person said it was problems with my Internet connection(which it wasn't). I believe that Sony just doesn't care about it. There's been ample time to fix this and they haven't done anything about it.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#7cheezedadadaPosted 8/17/2013 8:26:33 AM
Someone mentioned waiting for that spinning circle in the top left to COMPLETELY stop before hitting purchase. I didn't try that yet and it might have already been debunked, but just throwing it out there.

The problem sucks and it affects a ton of people including me. I usually end up rebooting and redownloading, but next time I am going to try and wait for everything to finish loading and the circle to stop first.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#8Lord_VishanaPosted 8/17/2013 8:32:59 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Someone mentioned waiting for that spinning circle in the top left to COMPLETELY stop before hitting purchase. I didn't try that yet and it might have already been debunked, but just throwing it out there.

The problem sucks and it affects a ton of people including me. I usually end up rebooting and redownloading, but next time I am going to try and wait for everything to finish loading and the circle to stop first.

I tried that the other day actually. The circle theory didn't work either. :-(

It's getting kinda ridiculous, i hate having to hard reset it between 2-4 times before I have a successful download. I'm worried that doing it so often is detrimental to the system.
---
#9cheezedadadaPosted 8/17/2013 8:37:35 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I tried that the other day actually. The circle theory didn't work either. :-(

It's getting kinda ridiculous, i hate having to hard reset it between 2-4 times before I have a successful download. I'm worried that doing it so often is detrimental to the system.

It didnt, huh? ARG!

...and yeah, you described my experience. Hit purchase/download, pray it doesn't crash and when/if it does I reboot and try again. Sometimes I can go 4-5 purchases in a row without any issues then other times it happens in succession. Sucks.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#10Boney00Posted 8/17/2013 8:49:54 AM
It's not a consistent problem plaguing everyone. I don't mean to sound as if I'm belittling the issue but I don't think I've experienced this issue nor do I understand what it is exactly?

Is it sort of freezing when you try downloading? I even downloaded Soul Sacrifice fine while in a hotel although the download paused after so much inactivity but still eventually downloaded after resuming it.
---
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964