PSN stuck on "preparing download"

#11cheezedadadaPosted 8/17/2013 8:52:13 AM
Boney00 posted...
It's not a consistent problem plaguing everyone. I don't mean to sound as if I'm belittling the issue but I don't think I've experienced this issue nor do I understand what it is exactly?

Is it sort of freezing when you try downloading? I even downloaded Soul Sacrifice fine while in a hotel although the download paused after so much inactivity but still eventually downloaded after resuming it.

You know when you hit purchase or download and that screen comes up that says "preparing to download' or whatever it is? That stays there permanently until you reboot. You can hit cancel, but then the whole screen just turns less bright and sits there. The only fix is to reboot and try again.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#12VirtuKnightPosted 8/17/2013 2:15:05 PM
Man. I had just gotten off work, had some happy upbeat music playing on my Vita, and was about to buy Soul Sacrifice on the PSN. I was basically on cloud nine. I was a little kid about to bite into my very first overpriced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ice cream bar. I gently pressed the tip of my finger on the download button, and... Wazzam! It froze. The first time it's happened to me.

Talk about buzz kill.
---
He who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know.
I had taken this to heart, and so my heart I would never show.
#13Poobert_WilsonPosted 8/17/2013 4:46:29 PM
It's happened to me many times, and I don't make many purchases. It's still not really a MAJOR issue, but it is irritating and pretty sloppy for Sony to just ignore it.