Should I get a Vita?

#1ramunesPosted 8/17/2013 11:28:45 AM
Well, I've been meaning to buy a Vita for the last few weeks now, but I was waiting for a price drop or sale. Target is having a sale tomorrow and I really don't know if I should get one or not. Should I buy it? or should I wait and buy a 3ds with pokemon x (even though is a longer wait)

Damn, I wish I was rich, then I could buy them both *insert childish rant*.
#2Shacky_101Posted 8/17/2013 11:32:56 AM
If you prefer the games on the Vita more, get a Vita. If you like the games on the 3DS more, buy a 3DS. Just look at the games available on each platform and decide which system to get first.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#3Aadrian1234Posted 8/17/2013 11:33:07 AM
Get the system that offers the games you like the most. If you don't know the games or upcoming games, google the game lists. Buy the platform that you know that you will enjoy with your friends, if they play handheld games together often
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#4ramunes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 11:43:20 AM
The problem is... I like them both equally. The Vita and the 3ds have some really cool upcoming games, but if I were to make a decision based on current library, I would get a 3ds.

Oh, I'll just get a Vita. I already bought one game for it, and I am figuratively dying to play it
#5zandm7Posted 8/17/2013 11:45:04 AM(edited)
Check the Metacritic listings for both systems. Whichever system has more games that you're interested in, wins.

Be sure to give games that you've never heard of a chance too. A LOT of good games on the Vita are missed because people only look for franchises they're familiar with.

EDIT: I see that you've already made your decision (sorta). If you're really "dying" to play a Vita but do not feel the same about the 3DS, then get a Vita. Whichever system you have more enthusiasm for you're more likely to enjoy.
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#6cheezedadadaPosted 8/17/2013 11:44:32 AM
ramunes posted...
The problem is... I like them both equally. The Vita and the 3ds have some really cool upcoming games, but if I were to make a decision based on current library, I would get a 3ds.

Oh, I'll just get a Vita. I already bought one game for it, and I am figuratively dying to play it

What game?
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7KillingHarderPosted 8/17/2013 11:45:23 AM
It depends. If you enjoy Sony products get the Vita. It's a great machine. The only downfall is that the 3DS library is a bit more robust.
#8Shacky_101Posted 8/17/2013 11:46:33 AM
ramunes posted...

What game is it? BTW, if you're into FPS, try Killzone Mercenary when it comes out.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#9ramunes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 11:48:08 AM
Neptune PP
#10cheezedadadaPosted 8/17/2013 12:11:17 PM
If you already got a game for it and think its a good idea, I would go for it. I have both and play my Vita more...both libraries are good in my opinion, so its more of a matter of preference.
---
"All the PS Vita needs now is Madden '97 and Sony will be printing money" - Aladdin2557 on Vita getting Duke 3D
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada