PS Vita Pets looks pretty good

#1alexg1989Posted 8/17/2013 8:44:26 PM
I can't possibly be the only one who see's the good in this title...

I hate pet simulators and don't see how anyone could possibly like them... I have REAL pets... so wtf is the point of a pet sim for me? However, from the way Kevin Oxland described it, it doesn't look to be a traditional pet sim at all.

Thatís right; outside of the home where you dress, bath, play with and train your dog is a whole island of adventure to explore and puzzles to solve. Together youíll be able to explore a massive forest, venture into multiple locations like spooky old mines and graveyards to ultimately make your way to the legendary castle in the centre of the island. We donít want to spoil anything else right now so weíll leave further details of the story until one of our next posts on the blog.

so far, its looking like your "Home" in the game will be sort of like a rest area between adventures where you can do misc things before or after you complete an adventure, like changing your dog's gear. At least that's what I'm hoping, but that's what Kevin seems to be hinting at and that sounds pretty good to me. What will really make me buy into it is seeing the actual Island, how big it is, how far the adventure spans, how long the game is, what actions you can do. Basically a platforming game but with pet sim as the selling-point gimmick.

I can't wait to see more of it at Gamescom...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/15/introducing-playstation-vita-pets-coming-in-2014/comment-page-2/
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#2gamemaster712Posted 8/17/2013 8:50:16 PM
Don't matter, fanboys hype it like crazy while haters bash it till the end of time...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#3Cross_slash101Posted 8/17/2013 8:54:15 PM
Bioshock, infamous, a new god of war, a new patapon, anything by naughty dog...Who need all this when Sony's best and brightest is working what is sure to be the vita's killer app.
---
3DS FC: 0318-6981-5062
I love the The Legend of Zelda: Oot and I am 100% proud of it
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 8/17/2013 9:02:50 PM
I'm genuinely interested in it. I'm a huge fan of Nintendogs/cats and I'll probably like this. The inclusion of an adventuring aspect seems nifty. I love that you can dress your pets as well.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5Freelance_WolfPosted 8/17/2013 9:44:20 PM
I don't want them talking. Ugh. I'll stick to Nintendogs. Besides, Vita Pets don't have GSDs or bullys.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#6akshat_316Posted 8/18/2013 5:13:36 AM
Yeah I like it too. Especially the dungeon part.Could be fun.
---
www.staticshin.com
#7ITPPosted 8/18/2013 1:24:57 PM
I'm definitely down for it, but I really hope you can mute or disable the doggie voice acting. I don't mind subtitled barks, but the voices are too much for me.
---
PSN ID: LeeorV
Now playing: The Last of Us, Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur
#8Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 8/18/2013 10:15:56 PM
Personally, I think its ridiculous that they made a game with realistic-looking dogs.. then made them talk.

And even more ridiculous, as well as creepy, that these PUPPIES talk in an ADULT voice.

A lot of people are hating on the game for being a "Nintendogs Clone", while I do think its a clone, I don't hate on it for that, I hate Sony's obsession with adding "features" to everything.

It's why the PS3 had a $600 pricetag on launch.

It's why the PSP sucked for the first 3 or so years because they kept releasing addons to do Skype, GPS, cameras, global translators, star maps (really? STAR MAPS?), etc instead of releasing games for it.

And now, they added "features" to a simulator of real-life animals. It would be fine if something like the eye-pet talked, but seeing realistic looking puppies talk like an adult is just creepy and disturbing. There was no reason for this other than their obsession to add "features" to make their version seem better.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#9mangasus90Posted 8/18/2013 10:58:04 PM
i would love it more if the pets can talk in chipmunks voice
---
PSN: tridentnguyen =).
#10ZoZoladPosted 8/18/2013 11:04:15 PM
http://5z8.info/trojan_q5q1ay_nakedgrandmas.jpg