New vita model with bigger screen

#1cedricthegreatPosted 8/17/2013 10:24:02 PM
RUMOR: Japanese newspaper Tokyo Keizai reported a rumor that Sony is set to reveal a new PS Vita model in September before Tokyo Game Show. The new model PCH-2000 will have a 6.3" display manufactured by Samsung (screen size of the current model is 5"), and the resolution will remain at 960 x 554 pixels. The amount of RAM will increase from 512MB to 1GB, which allows more programs to run in the background, the amount of RAM used by games will be unchanged (meaning games are still compatible between old and new models). In addition, the appearance of the new PS Vita will be quite different from the current model, perhaps more in-line with the design of PS4. PCH-2000 will launch with some unannounced new game titles

http://the-magicbox.com/
---
everyone plays video games I want to make them
#2bulletproofvitaPosted 8/17/2013 10:28:24 PM
Woah, bigger is better.
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
[Pacific Rim : Movie of the year]
#3XphoenixedgeXPosted 8/17/2013 10:35:44 PM
I hope this also means that they will lift the cap on the CPU/GPU and improve the battery life, similar to what they did when they first revised the PSP.
#4ManjiMidouPosted 8/17/2013 10:36:36 PM
bulletproofvita posted...
Woah, bigger is better.

so you like em big, huh fourgy?
---
656Stooge: "
But he's Australian. Like me. Not everyone is American you know. Only the unlucky ones :)"
#5Starwars4JPosted 8/17/2013 10:37:41 PM
I can't imagine how the style would change to be more similar with the PS4, or what that even means. There would really need to be AV out as well, not sure why they went backwards on that design decision.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6DirtyHarry11Posted 8/17/2013 10:40:56 PM
This is pretty cool and all but if it's true, what is Sony going to do with all the they have Vitas now that haven't sold? And also, no one really complains about the screen size of the Vita, it's big enough as is. I don't see an increase in screen size doing anything for Sony as far as selling Vitas goes, so why do it? Not trying to make this a 3DS vs Vita debate, but the 3DS XL made since since the original 3DS screens are actually pretty small for a dedicated gaming handheld. But the Vita?

It just doesn't add up to me...
#7DirtyHarry11Posted 8/17/2013 10:42:14 PM
meant so say made sense*, not made since haha.
#8psvitantifailPosted 8/17/2013 10:42:58 PM
The PS Vita mega S2 LOL!!!
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#9O2AshPosted 8/17/2013 10:44:19 PM
I'd probably stick to my current one but a 6.3" screen would be really awesome!
---
Radioactive Pokemon Pirates on Mission Impossible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBgtcIwkoA
#10Starwars4JPosted 8/17/2013 10:46:40 PM
DirtyHarry11 posted...
Not trying to make this a 3DS vs Vita debate, but the 3DS XL made since since the original 3DS screens are actually pretty small for a dedicated gaming handheld. But the Vita?

By what metric are the screens on the 3DS XL small for a gaming handheld? Please look at all of the screens on all of the gaming handhelds ever made, and tell me where on that list the screens of the 3DS XL would fall.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade