Well, well. A new Vita model is coming soon.

#71warcueidPosted 8/18/2013 1:09:24 PM
Laughing extreme hard on this fake crap right now lmao.
#72charlton3kPosted 8/18/2013 1:43:41 PM
What about us loyalists who bought the vita day one and still awaiting the ps4 and other extras. Do we get an upgrade?
---
Craphex
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/45873_9f27d30f7b153b82.png
#73DaltonMPosted 8/18/2013 1:44:35 PM
buying it. who wants to buy a vita?!
#74VegantoKeensPosted 8/18/2013 2:07:56 PM
I don't see why a newer model would change anything. The Vita is already the most powerful handheld ever and it has not one game that pushes its limits. No one that does not own a Vita already would have any more incentive to buy it. I don't see people begging for a bigger and stronger handheld at all. Hell, you might as well carry your TV around if it gets any bigger than it is.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#75Sami1000Posted 8/18/2013 2:24:38 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
I don't see why a newer model would change anything. The Vita is already the most powerful handheld ever and it has not one game that pushes its limits. No one that does not own a Vita already would have any more incentive to buy it. I don't see people begging for a bigger and stronger handheld at all. Hell, you might as well carry your TV around if it gets any bigger than it is.

I think Nvidia shield is the most powerful handheld system. It really seems like a beast in term of specs. Hell, it even needs a fan to keep components cool.

But yeah i think 6.3 inch screen might be too big.Even something like 5.5 inch is really pushing it. Better buttons and analog sticks is welcome improvement though. After reading little bit more i don't think that rumor is right but if it is i probably buy it immediately unless bigger screen makes ps1 and psp titles to look like blurry crap.
#76Gulma1Posted 8/18/2013 3:07:23 PM
Sami1000 posted...
VegantoKeens posted...

I think Nvidia shield is the most powerful handheld system. It really seems like a beast in term of specs. Hell, it even needs a fan to keep components cool.

But yeah i think 6.3 inch screen might be too big.Even something like 5.5 inch is really pushing it. Better buttons and analog sticks is welcome improvement though. After reading little bit more i don't think that rumor is right but if it is i probably buy it immediately unless bigger screen makes ps1 and psp titles to look like blurry crap.

Speaking of which how is that thing doing anyways?

I want to see how far specs get them it would be surprising if they got far considering the Vita and all.
---
Donkey Kong 3D Country
#77iDoneGotUPosted 8/18/2013 4:18:43 PM(edited)
Gulma1 posted...
Sami1000 posted...
VegantoKeens posted...

Speaking of which how is that thing doing anyways?

I want to see how far specs get them it would be surprising if they got far considering the Vita and all.

While its hardware is newer it is not a direct comparison:
1.Vita uses qHD Vs. Nvidia Shield's 720P <-both on 5"
2. Vita uses libgcm=low level API access Vs. Android's Renderscript <-Doesn't give same hardware access seen on consoles like PS3/360
3.Vita OS is closed source Vs. Standard Jellybean with Shield specific features
4. Vita's Quad A9's Vs. Quad A15's of Shield = MAJOR computing difference
5. SGX 543MP4 32.0 GFLOPS Vs. Tegra 4 74.8 GFLOPS
---
Surrender Before ME!
#78xxnike629xx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 1:23:53 AM
To those that are upset and think Sony is giving people a middle finger, then you fail to realize that almost all or all tech companies remodel their products every so often to reduce manufacturing costs, lower the MSRP, and to increase the number of sales.

So in this case with gaming, this is the "risk" that early adopters of new consoles and handhelds take.

It's personally why I don't buy launch models for systems and usually wait til at least one or 2 hardware revisions are made and in the mean time I get a few games that I know I'd want; especially when they go on sale.
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629 Blog inb4suiton.blogspot.com
#79gray_fox_00Posted 8/19/2013 7:50:01 AM
So from what I've heard the Tokyo Keizai Newspaper that the article cites as the source of the leak doesn't even exist unless it's a school paper from the Tokyo Keizai University.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#80thompsontalker7Posted 8/19/2013 8:37:47 AM
Because the regular Vitas are just FLYING off the shelves...
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif http://i.imgur.com/1CGr6lB.png