So why aren't we seeing more PS2 games for the vita?

#1NurranurraPosted 8/18/2013 7:37:07 AM
So far beside the actual Vita games, there are psp and psx game. I think Sony should try to port those ps2 games for the vita. PSP could play psx games already, I don't see the need for vita to emulate ps1 and psp games.
#2KillingHarderPosted 8/18/2013 7:39:21 AM
Because emulating PS2 games is a bit more difficult than you think. I'm not sure the Vita can emulate PS2 games.
#3battlfrnt2006Posted 8/18/2013 7:56:39 AM
KillingHarder posted...
Because emulating PS2 games is a bit more difficult than you think. I'm not sure the Vita can emulate PS2 games.

Some PCs even have problems running PS2 emulators, so the Vita doing it is out of the question. All you can really look forward to are HD ports a la MGS and Jak & Daxter.
---
Gamertag: CapraDaemon / PSN (Vita): mtllica
Most Anticipated Titles; Dark Souls 2, Grand Theft Auto V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, The Witcher 3
#4guedesbrawlPosted 8/18/2013 8:03:16 AM
KillingHarder posted...

but it can handle remakes just fine. See P4g
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#5Dipping_sticksPosted 8/18/2013 8:07:46 AM
battlfrnt2006 posted...
KillingHarder posted...

Some PCs even have problems running PS2 emulators, so the Vita doing it is out of the question. All you can really look forward to are HD ports a la MGS and Jak & Daxter.

The good thing about this post is that you at least said "some PC's" rather than

" Even High end PC's can barely handle PS2 games or PS2 emulators". The latter statement which usually comes from ignorant people who don't even have a good PC, acting like they know what they are talking about(when they really don't)
#6zandm7Posted 8/18/2013 8:45:20 AM
I think some people are getting confused at the difference between ports and emulation...
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#7OhGoodGriefPosted 8/18/2013 9:22:00 AM
zandm7 posted...
I think some people are getting confused at the difference between ports and emulation...

Yup.
I chuckled at the guy saying it can handle p4g so it should be able to emulate ps2 games
#8mjc0961Posted 8/18/2013 11:45:19 AM
So why aren't we seeing more Vita games for the Vita? Doesn't it have enough ports of games I can play in a superior format on other consoles already?
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#9VegantoKeensPosted 8/18/2013 2:04:19 PM
I'm not seeing much of anything for the Vita. It seems they are gonna wait tilla fter PS4 takes off before they do anything with the damn thing.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#10psvitantifailPosted 8/18/2013 2:15:37 PM
PlayStation 2 emulators on PC are not made by Sony who made the PlayStation 2 who know all about the codeing but it's made by piraters they're probably using highly inefficient codeing the PlayStation 3 can handle a ps2 emulator and it's a PowerPC 3.2GHZ octo core with 256ram a vita has more RAM so how a hi end PC probably running 4.4 GHZ with 16-36GB of ram can't handle it?
---
Oh no Charlie!!---