So why aren't we seeing more PS2 games for the vita?

#11Nurranurra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:52:01 AM
psvitantifail posted...
PlayStation 2 emulators on PC are not made by Sony who made the PlayStation 2 who know all about the codeing but it's made by piraters they're probably using highly inefficient codeing the PlayStation 3 can handle a ps2 emulator and it's a PowerPC 3.2GHZ octo core with 256ram a vita has more RAM so how a hi end PC probably running 4.4 GHZ with 16-36GB of ram can't handle it?

exactly my thought.
#12Billdough002Posted 8/19/2013 12:55:10 AM
psvitantifail posted...
PlayStation 2 emulators on PC are not made by Sony who made the PlayStation 2 who know all about the codeing but it's made by piraters they're probably using highly inefficient codeing the PlayStation 3 can handle a ps2 emulator and it's a PowerPC 3.2GHZ octo core with 256ram a vita has more RAM so how a hi end PC probably running 4.4 GHZ with 16-36GB of ram can't handle it?

No one said it can't in this thread(not yet anyway) . The other poster said "Some PC's", and another poster commended him for atleast saying "some", rather than ignorantly saying that damn good personal computers can barely handle it.

the last statement " even high end pc's cant handle them" , which for some reason gets thrown around too much because people don't know what they r talking about.
---
kyomagi- Being a vita owner at this point is like being a hipster, not main stream and nobody else is doing it
#13ItaSouljahPosted 8/19/2013 1:24:13 AM(edited)
psvitantifail posted...

not sure if your serious or not.

I can run PS2 emulator with 1920 x 1080 or greater upscale in near all my games and i only have: (play off original PS2 discs)

4 core cpu
8 gb ram
7970 graphics card

every game can be emulated on PS2 emulators very easily it's just knowing what you are doing.

Heck PC's can run Wii games at max speed and 1920 x 1080 and greater upscales very easy as well.

Learn about PS2 emulation before silly posts like these are made again thank you.
#14WartPig_Posted 8/19/2013 1:23:23 AM
you know what would be great

actuall vita games that are not 80's 90's era 2D game clones, or more hunting games.

show me a GTA, Ace Combat, Armored Core, an Open world game like Fallout or TES, or a Gran Turismo

or are gonna have to buy a PS4 to play PS4 games on our Vita when we could just play them on the PS4?
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#15VegantoKeensPosted 8/19/2013 1:26:43 AM
Man, a Vita exclusive Fallout that offers the same experience as the console/PC games, would sell the handheld on itself.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#162nd_strikerPosted 8/19/2013 1:37:09 AM
okami, shadow of the colosus, ico, zone of enders, would kill for pocket versions of those...sony what are you doing
---
"SS7 is still putting 40+ goals in per season even if he does pretend that a tap in was a bicycle kick every now and then"
#17Nurranurra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 2:05:47 AM
ermm don't know why this thread turned into a pc thread. What I meant was that our vita new games are too little. Since it's a relatively new console, getting new ip for it is hard. so ports of existing games would probably be easier.
#18Chaos_MissilePosted 8/19/2013 2:28:27 AM
OhGoodGrief posted...
zandm7 posted...
I think some people are getting confused at the difference between ports and emulation...

Yup.
I chuckled at the guy saying it can handle p4g so it should be able to emulate ps2 games

You...DO realise he said the Vita can handle "remakes like P4G just fine", right? Right? Meaning if a PS2 game were to be remade for the Vita, it could easily handle it ala MGS2 HD, ZoE HD(when it comes), Jak & Dexter HD.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#19j2zon2591Posted 8/19/2013 3:38:05 AM
psvitantifail posted...

afaik the ps3 og has a ps2 chip in it. it doesn't emulate a ps2. afaik the new ps3s cant cuz sony removed the hardware
#20Infinite_XeroPosted 8/19/2013 3:57:11 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
psvitantifail posted...

afaik the ps3 og has a ps2 chip in it. it doesn't emulate a ps2. afaik the new ps3s cant cuz sony removed the hardware

The 80GB model of the PS3 used software emulation to play PS2 games. Why Sony removed this feature from modern PS3s was probably to encourage the HD remakes as well as sell PS2 games on PSN.