thinking of buying Ys series but...

#1poldualPosted 8/19/2013 8:23:10 PM
....it's so expensive; $14.99 for each Ys game? isn't that overpriced? or should I just settle for a pc version instead? I am not sure if 60$ is worth it for 4 psp games.
---
~(-_-)~
#2yankee6903Posted 8/19/2013 8:24:30 PM
To be honest just get Ys Seven
#3cheezedadadaPosted 8/19/2013 8:27:40 PM
When it comes to Ys Seven in particular, that 14.99 is actually pretty cheap for what you get. You can easily get 20+ hours out of the main story and upwards of 40-50 if you are a completionist. I think my playthrough took about 22-23 hours. (I went through a couple more times, but I dont remember how long each time)

Its my favorite PSP game and I had just as much fun playing it again on the Vita. Ys Seven, Guacamelee and Uncharted are my top 3 games that I recommend to anyone that is even semi interested in them.
---
Use this whenever someone gets 'served' - http://i.imgur.com/VQLGJOL.gif
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#4jazperyPosted 8/19/2013 8:53:34 PM
just buy ys seven and ys oath, ys ark has bad loading times so its better to buy the ps2 version
---
Add me on PSN: Jazpery
Playing Soul Sacrifice Demo
#5poldual(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 9:04:39 PM
thanks i think i'll buy ys seven. i saw that the other three has PC versions, maybe i'll just get those. Will i miss out on the story if i didn't play it in order?
---
~(-_-)~
#6yankee6903Posted 8/19/2013 9:08:51 PM
poldual posted...
thanks i think i'll buy ys seven. i saw that the other three has PC versions, maybe i'll just get those. Will i miss out on the story if i didn't play it in order?

no
#7poldual(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 9:30:50 PM
ok last question, how bad is the loading times for Ys: The Ark of Napishtim? takes about a minute?
---
~(-_-)~
#8Starwars4JPosted 8/19/2013 9:36:09 PM
In what world is $15 for a full game too much? Kids are so spoiled these days with crappy $1 phone games it's amazing
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9GuitaristMattPosted 8/19/2013 9:40:54 PM
Starwars4J posted...
In what world is $15 for a full game too much? Kids are so spoiled these days with crappy $1 phone games it's amazing

Well most of us just bought Sims 3, Dead Space 1, Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, Burnout: ULtimate Box, and a couple other games for a total price of $5
---
Greatness Awaits!
PS4 FAQs V2 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/66414224
#10Starwars4JPosted 8/19/2013 10:19:41 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Well most of us just bought Sims 3, Dead Space 1, Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, Burnout: ULtimate Box, and a couple other games for a total price of $5

My point exactly. While services like the iOS store and steam (not that different) are convenient in the short term, they absolutely destroy the actual value of games, leading people to balk at the idea of paying even greatly reduced prices ($15 for a game, which is a GREAT deal). This in turn leads to lower sales until said sale prices come around on digital services. This further in turn decreases the amount of money devs and publishers make on games.

Why does this matter to you? With the number of studios that went out of business last gen because of reduced return you should see what the problem is. You're laughing all the way to the next gaming crash. And all of that because you're incredibly spoiled.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade