Indie game YATAGARASU canceled for 3DS, moved to Vita

#151NathanisDrakePosted 8/25/2013 3:46:58 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Makes sense - the Vita has been great for developers recently.

You still living in your little fantasy world, Lummy?

How cute.

There's been so many examples of niche titles selling beyond expectations on the Vita but you are free to believe what you want.

That's because most Indie devs don't even have any expectations to begin with.

Call me back when an indie game, or any Vita game for that matter, actually sold significant numbers to warrant a jump from a system that has 26 times the amount of Install base.

Also, nice links.
---
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma
#152LuminescentRulePosted 8/25/2013 4:00:10 AM(edited)
NathanisDrake posted...
NathanisDrake posted...

How cute.

There's been so many examples of niche titles selling beyond expectations on the Vita but you are free to believe what you want.

Call me back when an indie game, or any Vita game for that matter, actually sold significant numbers to warrant a jump from a system that has 26 times the amount of Install base.

Also, nice links.

If they had no expectations they wouldn't be making Vita versions. And it's not just indies, niche titles like Demon Gaze and Monster Monpiece have both sold beyond expectations on the Vita. Muramasa Rebirth was a success on the Vita - a success that was not possible on the Wii. Toukiden is another example of an unexpected success.

---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.imgur.com/BkKidga.jpg
#153ServantOfErieosPosted 8/25/2013 4:03:03 AM(edited)
NathanisDrake posted...
NathanisDrake posted...

How cute.

Also, nice links.

Final fantasy sold millions on SNES and WAIT did they just announce FFX and FFX-2 are headed exclusively to the Vita on a handheld sense?

Figures.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#154mikebrand83Posted 8/25/2013 4:06:10 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
It's not even just indies jumping ship.
Remember how Nintendo lost exclusivity over Rayman legends on WiiU, giving Vita the best version and they never bothered with a 3DS game for the system.

LOL

Which just goes to shows that you don't have to be an indie developer to be stupid.

Instead of Ubisoft releasing a game that was already practically finished and ready to go out the door for the Wii U first, during a time when it would have little competition... Delaying it for a simultaneous multi-platform release means that it'd now be released just in time for GTA V to stomp it like a worm.
#155ServantOfErieosPosted 8/25/2013 4:09:50 AM
mikebrand83 posted...
Remember how Nintendo lost exclusivity over Rayman legends on WiiU, giving Vita the best version and they never bothered with a 3DS game for the system.

LOL

Which just goes to shows that you don't have to be an indie developer to be stupid.

Instead of Ubisoft releasing a game that was already practically finished and ready to go out the door for the Wii U first, during a time when it would have little competition... Delaying it for a simultaneous multi-platform release means that it'd now be released just in time for GTA V to stomp it like a worm.

Ubisoft were actually being smart, seriously.

People thought rayman legends was going to be a killer app for the system? Hell no.

You know what's funny? The game is still going to do better now than it would've done back then on a singular, flopping system.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#156Numbuh100Posted 8/25/2013 4:24:08 AM
Cross_slash101 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
I like this topic... I really do.

Down with the 3DS!!!

Underdogs own

Yeah, GO VITA! destroy the 3DS!

Don't kid yourself. Vita goes in the recycle bin once Pokemon releases.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#157mikebrand83Posted 8/25/2013 4:25:20 AM
Ubisoft were actually being smart, seriously.

People thought rayman legends was going to be a killer app for the system? Hell no.

You know what's funny? The game is still going to do better now than it would've done back then on a singular, flopping system.

Because delaying a game to pull a simultaneous multi-platform release against strong competition...

... Is smarter than first releasing a game that was already finished on one platform, which had virtually no competition at the time, with plenty of time afterwards to release as a multi-platform anyway.

Anybody who thinks that was actually being smart, can't be taken seriously.
#158LuminescentRulePosted 8/25/2013 4:26:23 AM
mikebrand83 posted...

LOL

Mike Brand? Do you mean Mike Brant?

Rayman Legends would have died a horrible death as a WiiU exclusive. Now it has a chance of being able to recoup the development costs.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#159ServantOfErieosPosted 8/25/2013 4:26:33 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
Cross_slash101 posted...
alexg1989 posted...

Down with the 3DS!!!

Underdogs own

By that logic, ps3 and Xbox 360 will swallow the 3DS when the behemoth, GIGANTIC monster of a game GTA releases.

You see when you do things this way, you always lose.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#160LuminescentRulePosted 8/25/2013 4:27:52 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
Cross_slash101 posted...
alexg1989 posted...

Down with the 3DS!!!

Underdogs own

Not really. How many copies do you think Pokemon will sell?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png