Vita simply sits in an unmarketable niche right now

#1L0L_FAQPosted 8/22/2013 8:51:26 PM
Vita, no matter how you slice it, is terrible in terms of actual portability; the 5 inch screen is nice, but that means that, combined with how fat it is with the analogue sticks taken into consideration, it is totally unpocketable with any degree of comfort. On top of that, it is being treated as a PS4 peripheral by Sony by their own admission, and it is being completely ignored by them as far as marketing and actual support goes. There's just no market for a hefty, awkwardly sized pseudo-peripheral, even at $200.

What Sony needs to do first is to create a shrunken-down model of the Vita, with flattened analogues similar to the 3DS Circle Pad, a 3.5 inch screen and better battery life due to the smaller screen size. What this would do is make the Vita a truly easily portable platform and attractive for the games and gamers that Japan has and favours; the Japanese market is ALL about local wireless play on handhelds. Monster Hunter's popularity actually mostly comes from this, too. With a smaller Vita, it would b much easier to design games with local cooperation in mind and it would be a lot easier for JP gamers to carry around make use of those games.

Of course, if the system was more useful for actual "on the go" play, other markets would respond too.

After that, Sony must wait until the PS4's first party exclusives currently under development are done and focus on making blockbuster Vita games; remember when the 3DS was flopgating and got the price drop? The sales rise was mediocre. It was only when the games started rolling in did that change. Until Sony has faith in the system and outs out some insane system sellers with tonnes of marketing, nobody ELSE will have confidence or interest in it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#2karissa1Posted 8/22/2013 8:52:53 PM
Is the sole reason your account exists to incite flame wars?
#3BuretsuPosted 8/22/2013 8:53:51 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
a 3.5 inch screen

Right here is the point where most people stopped reading.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:59:36 PM(edited)
karissa1 posted...

Is the sole purpose of yours to piss and moan every time I make a thread, regardless of how genuine the content of it is?

Buretsu posted...
L0L_FAQ posted...
a 3.5 inch screen

Doubtful. The 3DS is selling like grumblecakes with a 3.5" main screen. If it was more portable than a 3DS, with a better, higher res, more vibrant screen, it would just be better portable hardware.
---
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#5karissa1Posted 8/22/2013 9:01:03 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
karissa1 posted...

Is the sole purpose of yours to piss and moan every time I make a thread, regardless of how genuine the content of it is?

Buretsu posted...
L0L_FAQ posted...
a 3.5 inch screen

Doubtful. The 3DS is selling like grumblecakes with a 3.5" main screen. If it was more portable than a 3DS, with a better, higher res, more vibrant screen, it would just be better portable hardware.

Answer the question.
#6BuretsuPosted 8/22/2013 9:01:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7NnamzPosted 8/22/2013 9:01:39 PM
har--

I mean....

wait...

Someone ask me how I feel!
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#8skipboris2Posted 8/22/2013 9:07:56 PM
Actually I think bigger is the way to go. It would make ps4 streaming even better. Is not that portable (so embrace it.
#9L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:14:17 PM
karissa1 posted...
Answer the question.

If you seriously just admitted that your question was genuine and not just rhetorical and can't figure out the answer by my above response, you have far bigger problems to deal with.

Nnamz posted...
har--

I mean....

wait...

Apparently, the mods have specifically put me and my phrase on a hit list. If you want, I can post my exchanges with them, but the essence was

- I posted a legit "HDTMYF" topic
- I get modded for "Disruptive Posting"
- I point out my topic doesn't fit the frame of a "disruptive" post and does not violate the TOU in any way at all
- Mod says "HDTMYF" has officially become a Vita board equivalent of a meme and there are too many topics with it
- I point out that it isn't my fault other people are copycatting me which is, indeed the case; modding OTHER people for "HDTMYF" topics would make more sense since they're the one turning it into a fad
- Mods essentially say "tough luck homie"
---
#10karissa1Posted 8/22/2013 9:15:04 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
karissa1 posted...
Answer the question.

If you seriously just admitted that your question was genuine and not just rhetorical and can't figure out the answer by my above response, you have far bigger problems to deal with.

Nnamz posted...
har--

I mean....

wait...

Apparently, the mods have specifically put me and my phrase on a hit list. If you want, I can post my exchanges with them, but the essence was

- I posted a legit "HDTMYF" topic
- I get modded for "Disruptive Posting"
- I point out my topic doesn't fit the frame of a "disruptive" post and does not violate the TOU in any way at all
- Mod says "HDTMYF" has officially become a Vita board equivalent of a meme and there are too many topics with it
- I point out that it isn't my fault other people are copycatting me which is, indeed the case; modding OTHER people for "HDTMYF" topics would make more sense since they're the one turning it into a fad
- Mods essentially say "tough luck homie"

So you're going to dodge the question. Fine then.