Spelunky PS Vita "Daily Challenge Mode"?

#1mvpeastPosted 8/25/2013 5:38:34 AM
Are they going to add this mode to the vita or is it gonna be a plain port without any extra features. I don't hate indie games but they gotta need to add some crazy new stuff to them or what's the point to pay 5x higher prices for some mini games that come from the iPhone/android and so on.

I bought Fruit Ninja Vita on day one for 8 bucks and now they lower it to 5 dollars because it was overpriced. (Still overpriced with $5) However, there is nothing new to the Vita port at all. Same crap but 8 times higher the price.
---
Add me for PS Vita Trophy Hunting!
#2Boney00Posted 8/25/2013 5:58:47 AM
I personally don't see why not but I see myself having to shuffle my friends list around to make room for Spelunky players so I can compare my abysmal daily score. I've been playing the Steam version while I wait for the Vita version on Tuesday.
---
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964
#3mvpeast(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 6:19:32 AM
I was reading a post in a website and they said no challenge mode for PS Vita Spelunky. Well let's hope the post was mistaken.
---
Add me for PS Vita Trophy Hunting!
#4Boney00Posted 8/25/2013 6:26:49 AM
In reply to more of what you said in your first post, I don't think this was ever an iPhone or Android game like Fruit Ninja. It's a remake of a free to play Internet game like what was done with Cave Story.

I own it on Steam and its worth the price there. I'll be buying it again on Tuesday so I can play it on Vita. So don't worry about this being overpriced like Fruit Ninja because IMO, it's worth it's price.
---
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964
#5kuragari1anonlyPosted 8/25/2013 7:00:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G34z2LboFRY
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#6Aadrian1234Posted 8/25/2013 8:19:32 AM
No daily challenge, but in multiplayer with other Vita's (local only, still) you each have your own screen, and not limited to a single screen. They have yet to elaborate if you can still do this when playing multiplayer with a ps3, I hope it can. I'll be playing with my sister, me on the vita, her on the ps3, and it's so annoying having to share a screen instead of free movement
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#7cheezedadadaPosted 8/25/2013 8:20:49 AM
I just want to chant in excitement...

Spelunky!
Spelunky!
Spelunky!

Cant wait =)
---
Use this whenever someone gets 'served' - http://i.imgur.com/VQLGJOL.gif
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#8Aadrian1234Posted 8/25/2013 8:29:39 AM
cheezedadada posted...

Spelunky!
Spelunky!
Spelunky!

Cant wait =)

Me neither, I've been bugging my friends about it, because I'm so excited about it! 1-2 more days left, if Sony decides to update Monday night again! I have been playing it more on the 360 in anticipation to the PS Vita release, and had a seemingly awesome run go bad. I had a Jetpack, and Shotgun in 1-2 after robbing the shopkeeper, and got the Kapala on 1-4. I walk into 2-1, frog immediately hits me, I fall near shopkeeper, he shoots me. :( Ill need to buy a wrist strap too in case I start raging at the game
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#9cheezedadadaPosted 8/25/2013 8:33:26 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Spelunky!
Spelunky!
Spelunky!

Cant wait =)

Me neither, I've been bugging my friends about it, because I'm so excited about it! 1-2 more days left, if Sony decides to update Monday night again! I have been playing it more on the 360 in anticipation to the PS Vita release, and had a seemingly awesome run go bad. I had a Jetpack, and Shotgun in 1-2 after robbing the shopkeeper, and got the Kapala on 1-4. I walk into 2-1, frog immediately hits me, I fall near shopkeeper, he shoots me. :( Ill need to buy a wrist strap too in case I start raging at the game

Thats awesome! Maybe I should jump on my 360 today and give it a go for a little bit to prepare. Its one of those games (Like Hotline Miami) where you go in expecting to die even if you are having a good run. I am pretty impressed you even decided to rob the shopkeeper because that guy scares the crap out of me...he goes bat-s### insane when you do anything to him.

Good suggestion about the wrist strap by the way. This game is extremely fun, but can be VERY frustrating too haha. Same with Hotline Miami...I have been having fun, but at the same time I want to throw my Vita against a wall.
---
Use this whenever someone gets 'served' - http://i.imgur.com/VQLGJOL.gif
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#10Binba442Posted 8/29/2013 8:15:56 AM
It's a shame, the PC daily challenge scene is booming, but It's built as a PC game.

(Yes I know it was originally on Xbox 360, but it was first free on PC, which you can still get from the official site.)
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013