Who else thinks Borderlands 2 will be terrible on the Vita

#1narutoki9Posted 8/25/2013 11:07:59 AM
I just dont think they can make it work because the game is TOO big and not a single on the Vita has a open world anywhere near as big as BL2. I love my vita and id love to be able to play it wherever I am, but lets be realistic even if the game is ported to vita its gonna hav to be downsized A LOT just for free roam.
---
PSN: narutoki13
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 8/25/2013 11:10:02 AM(edited)
im not buying anything on this console except niche rpgs and gravity rush 2 lol why the hell would i buy a big open world game on a portable even if its good itll drain the battery in 5 seconds ill play that on PS3.
#3GuitaristMattPosted 8/25/2013 11:14:39 AM(edited)
There are tons of things that they can do to make the game work on the Vita. On almost all Vita ports, they tune down shadows a ton, reduce the amount of aliasing, tone down some npc's, reduce some texture quality. After all of that, the game looks fine because you don't notice the difference on a smaller screen (alright some of you do), and of course the game only needs to run at 25-30fps.

The game will be great with those cell shaded graphics too. That's an easy way to increase speed (look at 3DS port of SSB)

Not to mention ports are usually half the size of the original, so it'll max at 4GB.
---
Greatness Awaits!
PS4 FAQs V2.5 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67033405
#4__starsnostarsPosted 8/25/2013 11:24:35 AM
I'm not going to buy an inferior borderlands 2 experience.
#5NnamzPosted 8/25/2013 11:39:22 AM
Should be fine. Borderlands 2 is a very scalable game.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#6Cross_slash101Posted 8/25/2013 11:40:21 AM
I've never played Borderlands 2 so it won't matter to me whether or not it's slightly downgraded because it would have still been a new experience.
---
3DS FC: 0318-6981-5062
I love the The Legend of Zelda: Oot and I am 100% proud of it
#7Angemon_23Posted 8/25/2013 11:44:54 AM
They just said "Borderlands 2". I can't make any judgment based on that alone.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#8ssj4toegettaPosted 8/25/2013 11:46:09 AM
I see where your coming from but Borderlands isn't open world, it has many areas (dungeons, towns, deserts, etc.) separated from one another that all connect together to make it seem like an open world game.

I think this is a great platform for this game to be on because it's much suited for it, but I do agree that it s a huge game and I'm interested to see what they can do.
#9joelang12Posted 8/25/2013 11:47:55 AM
Cross_slash101 posted...
I've never played Borderlands 2 so it won't matter to me whether or not it's slightly downgraded because it would have still been a new experience.

same here
---
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
#10zandm7Posted 8/25/2013 11:49:09 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im not buying anything on this console except niche rpgs and gravity rush 2 lol why the hell would i buy a big open world game on a portable even if its good itll drain the battery in 5 seconds ill play that on PS3.

Honestly at this point I'm not sure if you're exceptionally ignorant or a troll.

You do realize that Gravity Rush itself is open world right? As is AC3L? And neither of those games (nor any game) drains the battery in "5 seconds." No game will be released for the Vita that drains the battery that fast. Developers aren't stupid and it's not even possible to run the Vita so hard as to make it drain the battery in 5 seconds as it's underclocked and whatnot.

And some people enjoy playing games on portable more than console. I'm that type as I grew up on portables and have only owned one console (PS3). So IMO it would be awesome if pretty much every console game was available on Vita; obviously that's not going to happen though.

Btw you ever hear of commas?
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7