PAX Prime Indie Sale

#21cheezedadadaPosted 8/26/2013 1:30:16 PM
Jopez86 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
DarthLaharl posted...
Nice! I bought Guacamelee and Nuns Attack yesterday and almost bought Dragon Fantasy but the price tag was too high for an indie IMO.

Glad it's on sale.

Guac is indie too and costs more than DF.

I loved Dragon Fantasy. Cant wait for book II!

How long is Dragon Fantasy cheeze?

Its broken into 3 chapters with the first one being the longest at about ~4 hours give or take. It really depends on much grinding you do though. I spent a bunch of time leveling Ogden (the protagonist in the first chapter) so I got a pretty decent amount of time out of that chapter alone. Chapter 2 and 3 are much shorter and not as solid as chapter 1 to be honest.

I would say no matter what its probably less than 10 hours, but it will vary based on much time you spend farming from random encounters.

Ill put it this way though..if you were a fan of the oldschool FPS turnbased RPGs like Dragons Quest 1, youll probably love this game and it will bring back some good memories. If that is not your thing, you might not enjoy it. Best bet is to recall your feelings on DQ1 and then take it from there. Me personally, I was loving it because I am a big fan of those types of games.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#22Jopez86(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 2:34:23 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Jopez86 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
DarthLaharl posted...
Nice! I bought Guacamelee and Nuns Attack yesterday and almost bought Dragon Fantasy but the price tag was too high for an indie IMO.

Glad it's on sale.

Guac is indie too and costs more than DF.

I loved Dragon Fantasy. Cant wait for book II!

How long is Dragon Fantasy cheeze?

Its broken into 3 chapters with the first one being the longest at about ~4 hours give or take. It really depends on much grinding you do though. I spent a bunch of time leveling Ogden (the protagonist in the first chapter) so I got a pretty decent amount of time out of that chapter alone. Chapter 2 and 3 are much shorter and not as solid as chapter 1 to be honest.

I would say no matter what its probably less than 10 hours, but it will vary based on much time you spend farming from random encounters.

Ill put it this way though..if you were a fan of the oldschool FPS turnbased RPGs like Dragons Quest 1, youll probably love this game and it will bring back some good memories. If that is not your thing, you might not enjoy it. Best bet is to recall your feelings on DQ1 and then take it from there. Me personally, I was loving it because I am a big fan of those types of games.

I have never played DQ1 but have an affinity for old school games in general. It is definitely something I want. About 10 hours for $10 is worth it, but seeing as it is $2.50 tomorrow I am sold! Thanks for the description:)
---
Add me on Psn ID: Jopez_86
#23cheezedadadaPosted 8/26/2013 2:37:51 PM
Jopez86 posted...
I have never played DQ1 but have an affinity for old school games in general. It is definitely something I want. About 10 hours for $10 is worth it, but seeing as it is $2.50 tomorrow I am sold! Thanks for the description:)

Glad to help! Yeah, for $2.50 it doesnt even matter if you end up despising it for that price. There is easily more than $2.50 worth of fun in this game though. I enjoyed it at $10 and will be picking up book II when it makes its way out.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#24SummerBluesPosted 8/26/2013 2:37:57 PM
I will may get Dragon Fantasy long name I. With the GTAV pre-order I kinda broke :/
#25Jopez86(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 2:49:59 PM
I keep forgetting about GTA V, it isn't even on my radar. I think the only ps3 game I am getting this month is puppeteer. Killzone Merc for sure and Rayman.

I will be getting Dragon Fantasy Book II also even though I won't play it right away just to support the developers
---
Add me on Psn ID: Jopez_86