wow, i wonder if killzone merc happened during vita launch or even last year

#1FelineCyborgPosted 8/28/2013 1:45:17 AM
i think when people were hyped about vita this is the kind of game they had in mind. i just hope its not too little too late or sony
---
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
#2L0L_FAQPosted 8/28/2013 2:12:10 AM
Vita's problem wasn't any one issue or lack of any one game; the Vita is failing due to a combination of reasons, including by not limited to being huge and unpocketable, having insanely overpriced and low speed storage that is mandatory because it has zero user-accessible internal storage, overall lack of software support from Sony and no marketing presence whatsoever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#3NujevadPosted 8/28/2013 2:43:21 AM
Just because it's portable doesn't mean that it should fit in your pocket. I pity the person who wants to pocket an Ipad.
---
"Ima wa wareware no dokuritsu nichi desu!"
#4kjhoveyPosted 8/28/2013 2:50:23 AM
Nujevad posted...
Just because it's portable doesn't mean that it should fit in your pocket. I pity the person who wants to pocket an Ipad.

While I definitely agree, I do think that Nintendo molded people's view as to what is considered mobile gaming with the Gameboys. Can't really blame them either... GBA SP was amazing in terms of mobility.

On topic: I know people will disagree, but IMO, an FPS will never be a big (handheld) system seller. It can help sales, but I just don't think they will ever be big on handhelds.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#5jmtstanPosted 8/28/2013 5:17:10 AM
playing killzone mercs, makes me want them develop Killzone Liberation 2!
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79
#6SlaysmePosted 8/28/2013 8:34:11 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...
Vita's problem wasn't any one issue or lack of any one game; the Vita is failing due to a combination of reasons, including by not limited to being huge and unpocketable, having insanely overpriced and low speed storage that is mandatory because it has zero user-accessible internal storage, overall lack of software support from Sony and no marketing presence whatsoever.

And stupid trolls.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#7thompsontalker7Posted 8/28/2013 9:55:22 AM
Nujevad posted...

I managed it with my iPad Mini before.

Anyway, Killzone isn't a system seller, despite being a great game. The Vita was at a disadvantage once people realized they had to spend money on overpriced memory cards to actually play games on it.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif http://i.imgur.com/1CGr6lB.png
#8L0L_FAQPosted 8/28/2013 10:38:15 AM
Nujevad posted...

An iPad wasn't targeted at your pocket; it is very much a briefcase and handbag device. The PS Vita is too small to be a briefcase/handbag device and too large to be a pocketable one. It has a screen the size of those on modern phones, which are completely pocketable devices; why in the hell should an average person buy a system with a 5 inch screen as a briefcase/handbag device? And it's also a dedicated gaming portable, as opposed to a general purpose computer like tablets. As a bag device, it is absolutely terrible.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#9NujevadPosted 8/28/2013 7:58:47 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
An iPad wasn't targeted at your pocket; it is very much a briefcase and handbag device. The PS Vita is too small to be a briefcase/handbag device and too large to be a pocketable one. It has a screen the size of those on modern phones, which are completely pocketable devices; why in the hell should an average person buy a system with a 5 inch screen as a briefcase/handbag device? And it's also a dedicated gaming portable, as opposed to a general purpose computer like tablets. As a bag device, it is absolutely terrible.
Who said that the Vita was solely designed to fit in a pocket? It's a portable gaming system, meaning no need for a TV and a wall socket. Again, portable does not mean pocketable.

thompsontalker7 posted...
I managed it with my iPad Mini before.

Just because you could doesn't mean you should. You're putting that poor device in incredible risk. I'm not a small guy so my pants pocket can hold all kinds of things, but I would never pocket any of my devices (even my phone).
---
"Ima wa wareware no dokuritsu nichi desu!"
#10DougieDoug12Posted 8/31/2013 7:32:31 AM
I don't know if any of you remember the first game boy? that was not pocketable. That grey brick was huge.
---
"You need your past to be who you are now." -Jin Uzuki