I Guess Physical Copy Games are now DEAD

#51bulletproofvitaPosted 9/1/2013 8:27:47 PM
karissa1 posted...
Let's not all gang up on the TC now, really immature.

The voice of reason...listen.
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
[Waiting for Killzone Mercenary]
#52ottothecat2003Posted 9/1/2013 9:32:53 PM
Meanwhile TC probably uses MP3s over CDs.
---
Everyone fights against the end from the moment of birth.
They set their feet down on the ground and move forward, and paw at the infinite with little fingers.
#53lukerumPosted 9/1/2013 10:11:59 PM
Quote:everyone gangs up on me, so I am use to it, also I been gaming since 1982, the Atari 2600 was my 1st console so that makes me Older & more mature than you all.

Also I bet you all didnt even begin gaming until the PS1 days. meaning you are not even in your 20s.

My grammar, my English is fine & yes I do realize that INDIE means straight to PSN and are Digital Games only.

Has Sony announced any Physical Games NO, 90% of them are PSN ONLY, with YS MOC probably being the last Physical Media Game.

Also I can afford a 32 GB Memory Stick if I wanted to, but to me since these games are PSN Titles I see no reason in getting my Vita now.

I know exactly what is going on, & what is going on with the Vita, which the Vita is almost now a PSP Go,

I have seen no Physical games other than what is releasing this year Batman Blackgate, Tearaway, Killzone, YS likely the final Physical Games.

The reason I am passionate is cause I prefer Physical over Digital, although those are good games on the PSN such as Hotline Miami I still want my Physical.

Like I said I like these games being in my Collection with Digital YOU CAN NOT DO THAT.

So since almost everything now on the Vita is Digital Only PSN I may skip on the Vita.

@whatnow12012

Translation.....I am mad at young people and I have seen a very long list of physical copy games. I am confused.
---
Video Games
#54_Candice_Posted 9/1/2013 10:15:53 PM
Area51official posted...
Lmao @ games having resale value. Places like GameStop are so bad about "resale value" it's pathetic. I could care less, at $60 per new console game they expect you to practically give them used games away for pennies. I'd rather eat the cd than give my games away like that. So I think this whole arguement about the relevancy of physical media is just pointless. Bottom line TC is still a troll so why keep pretending its not? Like others have said with a portable system I DON'T want all those little plastic chips to take care of them, I'd end up losing them. Plus I've been saving probably hundreds of dollars on digital games since I don't have to pay taxes on them, console and handheld consoles! So guess the jokes on the troll and all little mini-mes following it!

Do you just repeat things you hear on the internet? Legitimately curious.

Gamestop does more good for the gaming industry than any of these publishers do. If youre getting that little on a new game you should probably stop buying crappy games like Madden. Gamestop is literally the only thing preventing people from getting screwed having to buy it brand new for $60. The reason trade in value can go so low for games is if theres repeat trade ins on the same game which means less demand for a game thats gonna be taking up valuable shelf space indefinitely.

Whereas niche RPGs that have limited distribution will actually trade in for more than Gamestop actually sell it for. And those are increasingly abundant on the Vita.

Educate yourself.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#55nyannyan91Posted 9/1/2013 10:17:41 PM
I don't mind Digital until I realize that I can't use it for my collection. I don't mind buying digital on PS3 but for vita because of the Region lock for dlc and digital game I don't like it. Yeah I understand you can do the memory stick trick but having to reset the vita everytime is kinda annoying.
#56AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/1/2013 10:33:02 PM
_Candice_ posted...
Area51official posted...
Lmao @ games having resale value. Places like GameStop are so bad about "resale value" it's pathetic. I could care less, at $60 per new console game they expect you to practically give them used games away for pennies. I'd rather eat the cd than give my games away like that. So I think this whole arguement about the relevancy of physical media is just pointless. Bottom line TC is still a troll so why keep pretending its not? Like others have said with a portable system I DON'T want all those little plastic chips to take care of them, I'd end up losing them. Plus I've been saving probably hundreds of dollars on digital games since I don't have to pay taxes on them, console and handheld consoles! So guess the jokes on the troll and all little mini-mes following it!

Do you just repeat things you hear on the internet? Legitimately curious.

Gamestop does more good for the gaming industry than any of these publishers do. If youre getting that little on a new game you should probably stop buying crappy games like Madden. Gamestop is literally the only thing preventing people from getting screwed having to buy it brand new for $60. The reason trade in value can go so low for games is if theres repeat trade ins on the same game which means less demand for a game thats gonna be taking up valuable shelf space indefinitely.

Whereas niche RPGs that have limited distribution will actually trade in for more than Gamestop actually sell it for. And those are increasingly abundant on the Vita.

Educate yourself.

I guess in imagination land where you live sites like Amazon on this thing called the Internet don't exist.

GameStop is an unnecessary cancer on the industry.

LMAO, "literally the only way" to get new games for less than $60. No. Just no.
---
Now Playing: Tales of Xillia CE, AC:New Leaf (9.5/10) Ducktales Remastered (PS3) Saints Row IV (PC) M+L Dream Team (3DS) Splinter Cell Blacklist (PC) New LuigiU
#57_Candice_Posted 9/1/2013 10:36:05 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
I guess in imagination land where you live sites like Amazon on this thing called the Internet don't exist.

So you use Amazon to prove a point when Gamestop and Amazon are both resellers? Brilliant.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#58darkness1018Posted 9/1/2013 10:53:47 PM(edited)
I also prefer physical and ONLY buy digital if i have no other choice. For example i imported the Jap copy of Dokuro (since it had english option) and the European copies of New Little King's Story & Epic Mickey 2 just so i can have physical copies. Im the same way with my PS3, ill import EU copies if they are avail if the NA versions are digital only. Now if no english version is avail anywhere in physical then and only then will i buy the digital version.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC: 2277-6638-2466
Systems I own: PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, Wii, Wii U
#59AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/1/2013 10:58:05 PM
_Candice_ posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

So you use Amazon to prove a point when Gamestop and Amazon are both resellers? Brilliant.

I could use any reseller besides GameStop to prove my point. You said they were singlehandedly saving gamers everywhere.

That's not the case. And that doesn't factor in that when individuals resell their items on Amazon they actually get the market dictated price, unlike Gamestop's sham pricing schemes.
---
Now Playing: Tales of Xillia CE, AC:New Leaf (9.5/10) Ducktales Remastered (PS3) Saints Row IV (PC) M+L Dream Team (3DS) Splinter Cell Blacklist (PC) New LuigiU
#60_Candice_Posted 9/1/2013 11:42:26 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
I could use any reseller besides GameStop to prove my point. You said they were singlehandedly saving gamers everywhere.

Thats a bit of a stretch. Maybe I should not have said "literally".

That's not the case. And that doesn't factor in that when individuals resell their items on Amazon they actually get the market dictated price, unlike Gamestop's sham pricing schemes.

They can set their own price but are not guaranteed the sale since people will usually buy the lowest price. I dont remember the last time I got lower than 60% for trading in a recently released title. It has a lot to do with the games you buy.
---