What should my first Vita game be? Help me choose!

#1ProudcladPosted 9/4/2013 3:46:15 PM
Hard choice. - Results (110 votes)
Rayman Legends
19.09% (21 votes)
Soul Sacrifice
12.73% (14 votes)
Persona 4 Golden
54.55% (60 votes)
Dragons Crown
13.64% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm leaning towards Persona 4 Golden but Soul Sacrifice looks like a lot of fun and I heard it has a great story and a great soundtrack, plus free incoming DLC to make the game bigger. Thoughts?
---
proudclad LAYIN DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
#2mike_411Posted 9/4/2013 3:47:01 PM
Persona 4 golden.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
#3TinyTim123Posted 9/4/2013 3:54:44 PM
I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice quite a lot. I am enjoying Dragon's Crown right now, as slowly as I play (I've ahd it for three weeks, and still haven't unlocked online). I don't even like Persona 4, but I still think you should get that as it will last you quite awhile.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#4Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 3:55:24 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice quite a lot. I am enjoying Dragon's Crown right now, as slowly as I play (I've ahd it for three weeks, and still haven't unlocked online). I don't even like Persona 4, but I still think you should get that as it will last you quite awhile.

What did you enjoy about Soul Sacrifice? How was the story and soundtrack?
---
#5LunarRoarPosted 9/4/2013 4:09:59 PM(edited)
The story for Soul Sacrifice is pretty good, the narration really sells it. The soundtrack is also nice, though I notice it more in the menus than in actual gameplay. Also personally speaking, the game lends itself more to co-op (though I say this because my friend and I played the game from start to finish via co-op).
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#6ChemicalBurritoPosted 9/4/2013 4:09:18 PM
Proudclad posted...
I'm leaning towards Persona 4 Golden but Soul Sacrifice looks like a lot of fun and I heard it has a great story and a great soundtrack, plus free incoming DLC to make the game bigger. Thoughts?

Depends ... do you prefer more traditional JRPGs, or do you prefer action games? If you like more traditional (turn-based) JRPGs, you can't go wrong with P4G, especially if you never played/beat the original PS2 game. P4G's easily the best JRPG available in English for the system.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...
#7Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 4:13:23 PM
I never played any Persona game.
---
#8Lowtan_LanePosted 9/4/2013 4:18:31 PM
I say Soul Sacrifice. Its a great game if you enjoy the Monster Hunter style games. Im currently playing and ive had a blast. 40+hrs so far. Cant say anything about the other games. If you do get SS add me.

Lowtan
---
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane
#9OhGoodGriefPosted 9/4/2013 4:33:06 PM(edited)
Soul sac and dragons crown are repetitive and grind intensive. Its just part of their genres.

That said they aren't really as universally ejoyable because people think repetition is always bad.

I have over 230 hours in soul sacrifice and and 105 in dragons crown. Dragons crown will probably tire me around 200.

P4g is super hyped on these forums so I can bet you it will win your poll.
Ive hated most turn based games so I haven't played it.
luminous arc and super robot taisen og saga were probably the only turn based sort of games I liked. I enjoyed hypersexualized women and fanservice. Inner bi I guess but yea.

Oh forgot.to talk about rayman.

Ray man is good. Tons of content and very well ported. The early levels (especially the Murphy levels) were pretty boring for me. Rayman is probably a game that would be a good start for a majority of gamers. It's less niche
#10Proudclad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 4:30:23 PM
I loved Monster Hunter on PSP. Had such a blast. Is Soul Sacrifice fun with co-op? Maybe I should settle with Rayman for now because these play times are enormous lol. I am pretty busy lately so I dunno if I can invest that much time into monstrously huge games.

What other good games are there besides the ones I mentioned?
---