FINAL FANTASY XIV:A Realm Reborn playable on VITA. Possible 2nd screen VITA app!

#1Spiroth_KweehhPosted 9/6/2013 8:15:58 AM(edited)
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be playable on VITA through PS4 Remote Play as the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer / Director Naoki "Yoshi-P" Yoshida said, 100% on the Solo content, but with some restrictions on the Party Content.

There's also a possibility that VITA will get an exclusive to VITA 2nd screen app called "Realm Reborn Lodestone" (database), but they haven't made a final decision yet on this.

"On the PS4, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is getting remote play. Square Enix's Naoki Yoshida described what players might expect.

According to Yoshida, in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players can enjoy more than just MMORPG battles in remote play. They can harvest or produce goods while roaming the in-game world. This, says Yoshida, allows players to level up.

"Also, it's not like you cannot progress in the game if you don't play with a party," Yoshida told Famitsu. "You can play quests by yourself bit by bit and level up."

Yoshida said that remote play could be used for those times you cannot play with others or to just relax. The example he gave was using remote play for fishing—which is something you certainly can do solo.

"But like, when you're all, 'let's form a party and go to a dungeon!,' then you go sit in front of your monitor and enjoy playing that on a big screen. In that regard, you can choose your play style."

"Depending on whether you feel like playing at a certain time or on a certain day, you can select between relaxing play or giving it your all," added Yoshida. "I think expanding those options is itself something new."

When asked about a second screen app, Yoshida said they could, for example, create a second screen app with a "Realm Reborn Lodestone" database. This is under consideration.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released next year on the PS4."

http://kotaku.com/first-details-about-final-fantasy-xiv-remote-play-for-t-1262578674

If Naoki "Yoshi-P" Yoshida himself was confident enough to talk about how FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn plays on VITA, then I can only imagine how great and accurate Remote Play will be. Seems like that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gamescom presentation is going to be the norm.

If FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn works in Remote Play, then it will be a piece of cake for PS4/VITA to make all "normal" games to work.

Oh man, I can't wait.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on the Go.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on the bed.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn when my girlfriend wants to watch TV/Movie/Play LBPKarting.

VITA is shaping up to be the machine I always wanted it for.
The ultimate FINAL FANTASY machine.

Now please Square-Enix, finally announce FINAL FANTASY XI for PS4/VITA at TGS.
And then FINAL FANTASY XII HD Remaster.
And then FINAL FANTASY V VITA (iOS version).
And then, at its 20th Anniversary (2014), announce FINAL FANTASY VI for iOS, so I can finally ask for FINAL FANTASY VI VITA (iOS version) at next year's TGS.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#2ServantOfErieosPosted 9/6/2013 8:13:28 AM
Beast mode
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#3StrikeNinja24Posted 9/6/2013 8:23:06 AM(edited)
Playing it on my PC. Way better.

"but with some restrictions on the Party Content."
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 9/6/2013 8:20:00 AM
Can we have an actual Vita version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn instead?
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5ShaneJPosted 9/6/2013 8:29:00 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Strike, what server are you on?
---
3DS: 4339-3574-6803 FF XIV: Setsuna Alkaid -Server: Adamantoise
PSN(PS3&PSV)/Gamertag(360): WingZeroKai
#6StrikeNinja24Posted 9/6/2013 8:29:46 AM
ShaneJ posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Behemoth
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#7archedsoulPosted 9/6/2013 8:29:54 AM
Why bother hoping for all those announcements when SE can't even get a video or release date out for FFX/X2 Vita which was announced well over two years ago and won't even be at TGS?
---
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."
#8ShaneJPosted 9/6/2013 8:34:43 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
ShaneJ posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Behemoth

Gah, phooey.
---
#9ShaneJPosted 9/6/2013 8:37:38 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Can we have an actual Vita version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn instead?

I own the PS3 and PC versions, and the PS3 chokes to hell and back when there is a lot of action on screen. Some of the higher level FATEs are nigh impossible, with enemies and players not even loading and framerate slowing to a crawl.

The Vita would need massive downgrading and sub native resolution to comfortably enjoy it.
---
#10Lord_VishanaPosted 9/6/2013 8:41:44 AM
ShaneJ posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

I own the PS3 and PC versions, and the PS3 chokes to hell and back when there is a lot of action on screen. Some of the higher level FATEs are nigh impossible, with enemies and players not even loading and framerate slowing to a crawl.

The Vita would need massive downgrading and sub native resolution to comfortably enjoy it.

That stinks, I wasn't aware of the problems with the PS3 version. I have enough problems logging into the game on the PC. :-(

I'm playing it on the Tonberry server by the way. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds