The Ys Game coming to the Vita looks good, goes the others?

#1XCrossYZPosted 9/6/2013 5:18:02 PM
Never took a look at the series, and by the look of it, the game looks like an RPG. Looks unique too, should I give any of these a test run and which one?
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#2SmoshCuchPosted 9/6/2013 5:21:04 PM
It's ARPG, and the combat looks very similar to the system they used in Ys Seven. If you're interested in this game, I'd check out Ys Seven. It was an excellent PSP exclusive, and I believe that it's available for Vita, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
#3SoraizkoolPosted 9/6/2013 5:21:39 PM
Ys Seven. It's on the Vita PS Store in the PSP section. Fantastic hack & slash/rpg.
---
That was...objectionable!
PSN ID: Mattmatt321
#41Cyrus1Posted 9/6/2013 5:23:11 PM
I tried the series for the first time with Ys Seven on the PSP and loved it. Fast paced combat with great boss fights, a good story and wonderful soundtrack
---
PSN: dm-ml
#5Lord_VishanaPosted 9/6/2013 5:26:03 PM
The series is an ARPG with great characters and a deep and diverse emphasis on combat. You have control over three characters simultaneously and you switch between them based on certain monsters you encounter. You need to get Ys Seven. It's an amazing game and the perfect way to acclimate yourself to the series. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6SmoshCuchPosted 9/6/2013 5:27:58 PM
Oh, and for the record, other Ys entries range from somewhat similar to wildly different. The combat in Calcetta is clearly based on the Ys Seven system, which is why I recommended that one specifically. Other games, like Oath in Felghana, are good but have very different gameplay from how Calcetta looks.
#7XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 5:40:37 PM
SmoshCuch posted...
Oh, and for the record, other Ys entries range from somewhat similar to wildly different. The combat in Calcetta is clearly based on the Ys Seven system, which is why I recommended that one specifically. Other games, like Oath in Felghana, are good but have very different gameplay from how Calcetta looks.

I guess I'll stick to seven then since I love ARPG
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#8youngskillzPosted 9/6/2013 5:41:02 PM
i said it before an i'll say i again.

buy every ys game!

they're all pretty awesome.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Severed Fate, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Evertrapped, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#9LevittaPosted 9/6/2013 5:49:32 PM
XCrossYZ posted...
SmoshCuch posted...

I guess I'll stick to seven then since I love ARPG

They're all ARPG. So you can play the other titles and expect a great ARPG.
---
Trails in the Sky(PSP) has some of the best writing and most fleshed out setting I've seen in a RPG. Check it out if you're looking for an excellent RPG.
#10ChromaticAngelPosted 9/6/2013 6:50:47 PM
Ys Origin is the best Ys game so far, also has tons of replay value
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.