Best Platformer game?

#21stargazer64Posted 9/7/2013 10:04:49 AM
Pupu27 posted...
What's with the love for platform games? I played prince of persia once (the ancient DOS version 20 years ago :D). It looks so tedious & frustrated with all the booby traps.

So you've managed to avoid playing any platformers for 20 years?

What kinds of games do you play?
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#22Pupu27Posted 9/7/2013 10:15:18 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Pupu27 posted...
What's with the love for platform games? I played prince of persia once (the ancient DOS version 20 years ago :D). It looks so tedious & frustrated with all the booby traps.

My favourite genres is RPG (JRPGs are the best). I also played some RTS games on PC (Red Alert, Command and Conquest). With the 3DS I play basically every Nintendo first-party games bar Mario (the platformer one). I love Mario Kart though :)
#23INKU48Posted 9/7/2013 2:14:49 PM
LittleBigPlanet isn't just the best platformer but possibly also the best game on the Vita.
#24stargazer64Posted 9/7/2013 3:38:21 PM
INKU48 posted...
LittleBigPlanet isn't just the best platformer but possibly also the best game on the Vita.

Wow, people actually think this.

I have like 14 2D platformers on my ipad from 3 years ago that I would rather play.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#25INKU48Posted 9/7/2013 3:53:14 PM
stargazer64 posted...
INKU48 posted...

Wow, people actually think this.

I have like 14 2D platformers on my ipad from 3 years ago that I would rather play.

Nice opinion. Critics and I disagree. I thought the game started out slow but there are some very creative and even challenging levels later on in the game. Not to mention the tons of great user-made levels.
#26Golden_MeanPosted 9/7/2013 4:29:44 PM
Pupu27 posted...

I would have understood if you picked an actual bad platformer.

But by god, that original prince of persia was incredibly fun and challenging.
---
LoL: Rontuaru -- PSN: Kikkosauce66 -- SoulSacrifice: Rontu
#27JurassicBondPosted 9/8/2013 6:29:58 AM
Pupu27 posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Pupu27 posted...

My favourite genres is RPG (JRPGs are the best). I also played some RTS games on PC (Red Alert, Command and Conquest). With the 3DS I play basically every Nintendo first-party games bar Mario (the platformer one). I love Mario Kart though :)

And you're completely avoid the genre because of one game you played one time 20 years ago?
---
Reading: The World Until Yesterday - Jared Diamond
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg