Will the Vita be in the shadows when X/Y release?

#11VegantoKeensPosted 9/7/2013 9:00:47 AM
Well yeah, but this isn't limited to the Vita. Not many games stand a chance against this Juggernaut of a series.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#12UponADarkThornePosted 9/7/2013 9:07:59 AM
Nujevad posted...
No. The PSP encountered the same situation when Diamond and Pearl came out and it's still sitting pretty, Same goes for when Black and White came out. A lot of people like pokemon, sure, but it's not the greatest game in the world (the last Pokemon game I've ever played was Diamond and it pretty much turned me off the franchise).

You really should pick them up again. I was going to give Pokemon up after Diamond, since it didn't really pull the series out of the mediocrity that was Generation 3, but Platinum fixed most of the the issues and Black/White redeemed the series as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, sort of. The Vita isn't as healthy as the PSP was when Pokemon came out on the DS, so it isn't going to help matters any.
#13ThePonyColliePosted 9/7/2013 9:15:28 AM
I love all the 'yes' voters. They keep wishing since last year.
---
Lord Erieos is definitely coming...
#14VegantoKeensPosted 9/7/2013 9:22:59 AM(edited)
Hell, why would the Vita even care actually? We have almost nothing to look forward to in October. We are getting Ys and Tearaway in November and that is it for the Vita this year. There isn't anything to cast a shadow over.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#15Skizza306Posted 9/7/2013 9:37:53 AM
For awhile, yeah, but not just the Vita -- 360, PS3, iOS, everything takes a back seat to a new Pokemon game for the first little bit.
#16middays_deepPosted 9/7/2013 9:42:04 AM
Why do you always bring up Pokemon on this board?
---
"I take back what I said, and I take back the take back before that."
#17MonoculusPosted 9/7/2013 9:42:12 AM
Hard to argue that the Vita's not in the shadows now; even Killzone's only raising minimal amounts of interest outside of the Vita community. And with most of the big budget releases happening either this month or waiting for the holiday season, there's not a lot that can escape Pokemon's shadow.

I'd like to see Sony drop something big on PS+ this month in exchange, but given that we're getting a full retail title this month it doesn't seem likely, although I have no doubts that Europe will get one.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 2466-1889-8046
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita|3DS XL
#18paramite12Posted 9/7/2013 10:02:18 AM
People still play pokemon? Why hasn't it died yet?
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#19sentoworfPosted 9/7/2013 10:08:48 AM
I'd say its already in the shadows.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#20Lord_VishanaPosted 9/7/2013 10:16:01 AM
paramite12 posted...
People still play pokemon? Why hasn't it died yet?

It's one of the most popular series in video game history. Millions of people of all ages throughout the world play it. With all the nifty changes in Pokemon X and Y, it seems to have truly reinvigorated the series. The anticipation is higher than usual. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds