PSVITA TV announced (Console!?)

#71DlaisPosted 9/9/2013 5:27:24 AM
It would've been amazing if I could hook the Vita (that I already own) up with my PS4 and play my games on the TV that way. But having to spend another 100$ after buying a Vita for ~200$ and a PS4 for another 399$ is just ****ing stupid.
#72McMarblesPosted 9/9/2013 5:28:51 AM
Sony came up with something more confusing than the 2DS?
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#73skyrimer3dPosted 9/9/2013 5:43:17 AM
KaiserJanus posted...
I was intruiged at first when I heard of this but then I realised something.

fantomas418 posted...
ust some clarification about this PS Vita TV...

1. You don't need a PSvita, PS3, or PS4 for this to work (just the games)
2. Vita TV is essentially a vita with no screen (your TV IS the screen)

If this sells more than the Vita (and it's "slim" version) there would be no point in buying the handheld at all.

Was this the intention I wonder? if so I don't seem to like it.

other than, well, playing games on the go, the whole purpose of a handheld console?
#74synthetiksinPosted 9/9/2013 5:55:34 AM
Some people are just very close minded to things like this, hurts the progress of technology. When working in conjunction with the PS4, you can basically network the system over to another TV in the house, can easily bring it to a friend's. It's just an apple tv ($99) with the ability to play games on, it's already better.

Unfortunately, it's not the solution the the Vita's problems.
#75plus1zeroPosted 9/9/2013 6:47:24 AM
If it doesn't allow touch screen controls on this thing...is there any vita games that will work? Does P4G use the touch screen? Haven't played in a bit and can't remember...I don't know of any games that don't use it lol.

Still, I think this could potentially be great. At $95, I think I'd bite. I consider the way Sony is using cross play, trophies, etc to be an ecosystem investment and with the PS4 coming out it would be cool to have.
#76BambooPandamoPosted 9/9/2013 6:56:55 AM
synthetiksin posted...
Some people are just very close minded to things like this, hurts the progress of technology. When working in conjunction with the PS4, you can basically network the system over to another TV in the house, can easily bring it to a friend's. It's just an apple tv ($99) with the ability to play games on, it's already better.

I avoided buying a VIta because I hate taking care of handhelds, I went through 3 GBA SPs and their non-functioning buttons and several PSPs. They're not sturdy as the good old reliable GameBoy.

Anyhow this will make people like me who never wanted a Vita buy a TV version of it and buy PSP/Vita games. What seems to be the problem sheriff?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChibiMrBubbles.png
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles
#77king_maddenPosted 9/9/2013 12:04:31 PM
McMarbles posted...
Sony came up with something more confusing than the 2DS?

this is confusing if you havent read anything about it.
#78CooperRCPosted 9/9/2013 2:51:16 PM
synthetiksin posted...

Actually it could help the Vita more than you think. People may not buy more Vitas (I may skip the Vita and just get the Vita TV now), but more systems out there that can play Vita games equals more interest in Vita game development. More games means more people buy both options.
#79psvitantifailPosted 9/9/2013 2:57:53 PM
BambooPandamo posted...
synthetiksin posted...

I avoided buying a VIta because I hate taking care of handhelds, I went through 3 GBA SPs and their non-functioning buttons and several PSPs. They're not sturdy as the good old reliable GameBoy.

Anyhow this will make people like me who never wanted a Vita buy a TV version of it and buy PSP/Vita games. What seems to be the problem sheriff?

Trust me dude the vita is a Tank 10 times harder than a PSP!
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#80GuitaristMattPosted 9/9/2013 3:58:34 PM
Notice the LAN cable spot.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY