Is the TV Vita digital only or can you plug in a Vita game and play like that?

#1mtjormitchPosted 9/9/2013 1:14:12 AM
Serious question. Kinda a deal breaker with me. I don't like DD only and this thing pretty much makes me wanna buy a Vita now. Just that DD only has screwed me before in the past so... not much trust in it with me.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2co1onelPosted 9/9/2013 1:14:30 AM
Yes, it has a place to put Vita cards in.
---
++++======+++++----|=
#3mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:16:18 AM
co1onel posted...

Okay... now they just need to bundle this with the PS4 and I will be EXTREMELY happy.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4Neonwarrior1243Posted 9/9/2013 1:18:08 AM
It has a slot for a vita game and a slot for a memory card along with Ethernet port and HDMI.
#5Dragard_KaosPosted 9/9/2013 1:18:58 AM
mtjormitch posted...
co1onel posted...

Okay... now they just need to bundle this with the PS4 and I will be EXTREMELY happy.

Actually, you should hold off on the whole VITA TV thing. Wait until we get facts, we're not 100% sure how it will work.
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
#6coolasj19Posted 9/9/2013 1:22:36 AM
Dragard_Kaos posted...
mtjormitch posted...
co1onel posted...

Actually, you should hold off on the whole VITA TV thing. Wait until we get facts, we're not 100% sure how it will work.

This has never been more true. Probably one of the sloppiest reveals in recent memory. We learned more about it from the trailer than from Andrew House.
---
I don't have real signature because I'm not feeling creative at the time.
On the other hand, if I don't have one, I'll look like uncreative.
#7jmtstanPosted 9/9/2013 2:24:31 AM
i'm curious, how are the touch function work.
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79
#8cyber2ninjaPosted 9/9/2013 2:27:20 AM(edited)
jmtstan posted...

They don't.
"Not all Vita games will work on the device however, as some of them require touch screen."

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/09/ps-vitatv-announced-lets-you-play-vita-games-on-your-tv-first-trailer-here/
---
3DS FC: 3179-6438-8305
#9NujevadPosted 9/9/2013 2:28:04 AM
jmtstan posted...

It doesn't. It's reported that none of the games which use the touch pads are compatible with it so there goes most of the Vita's library out the window.
---
"Ima wa wareware no dokuritsu nichi desu!"
#10SekaiIchibanPosted 9/9/2013 3:32:01 AM
Sony will probably patch their first party games later since this will launch BEFORE the PS4. Meaning: no DS4 yet for the japanese. It seems wise to only support DS3 at launch, and they stated that DS4 will add some touch functionality later. To be honest, most Vita games I have played have other ways to deal with the touchscreen. Most of the ones I have played does not use it at all. Though I cannot say about the ones I don't own... :(