The TGS announcements were both good and a little weird.

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 9/9/2013 1:39:51 AM
The new Vita Slim model is an interesting idea. It looks more ergonomically designed. The "downgrade" to n LCD screen is unusual, but it wouldn't be a deterrent to most buyers. It has a nice selection of colors as well.

Nice amount of new games were announced. Phantasy Star Nova and Yakuza are going to be amazing. I'm not sure if an enhanced version of Soul Sacrifice was the best idea. The game isn't even a year old yet. The sequel announcement seems a little premature as well.

The PS Vita TV thingy is very strange. It's either brilliant or asinine. While It could potentially kill the Vita sales itself, I can see this device selling extremely well and drastically increasing software sales.

It's only the middle of the night and it's been a strangely eventful day already. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2GameNextPosted 9/9/2013 1:41:38 AM
Dangan Ronpa Another Road and the tease to the third game.
Wow...
#3ServantOfErieosPosted 9/9/2013 1:42:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4ylvisPosted 9/9/2013 1:43:49 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Honetly, I thought this was the worst conference so far.

- bad translator
- kick to the gut announcements
- no last guardian

Only positive was 64GB memory cards

Well, they did include internal space as well, even though it was only 1GB. Should have been 8GB or 16GB.
#5Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:43:56 AM
GameNext posted...
Dangan Ronpa Another Road and the tease to the third game.
Wow...

A new Dangan Ronpa was announced as well!? Zomg, how did I miss that???
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6eixeeeePosted 9/9/2013 1:44:05 AM
I was glad to see that Japan's apparently getting physical carts for X & X-2 - hopefully Square will extend the same courtesy over here or even better - give us a Vita LE. :)
---
Out of the way, punchline! // Awaiting: Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, FFX & X-2 HD.
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MV)
#7Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:46:45 AM
eixeeee posted...
I was glad to see that Japan's apparently getting physical carts for X & X-2 - hopefully Square will extend the same courtesy over here or even better - give us a Vita LE. :)

Yay! I wasn't aware of that. It was one of my biggest concerns about the game.
---
#8XphoenixedgeXPosted 9/9/2013 1:47:37 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Honetly, I thought this was the worst conference so far.

- bad translator
- kick to the gut announcements
- no last guardian

Only positive was 64GB memory cards

Those translators were awesome man, especially during game trailers.

The only thing I didn't like was the VitaTV, it just doesn't make sense to me.
#9VegantoKeensPosted 9/9/2013 1:48:29 AM
I see it as mostly good news. The new Vita is made for the Japanese, the handheld heavy crowd, so I think it will finally catch on now. I only wish they would have put in 8 GB internal at least, it would have helped so much more.

Vita TV will boost software sales and keep it relevant for every Sony device owner, even if they don't even like handheld gaming. I just hope to God these two expand the user base of the Vita platform. That is the sole thing we need to spark interest in 3rd party companies and get the AAA titles flowing.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#10eixeeeePosted 9/9/2013 1:49:10 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
eixeeee posted...

Yay! I wasn't aware of that. It was one of my biggest concerns about the game.

Yup, mine too. Now all we need is confirmation from SE EU/NA and we're away laughing. By the way Vish, did you get my PM? :O
---
Out of the way, punchline! // Awaiting: Pokemon Y, Bravely Default, FFX & X-2 HD.
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MV)