I think they removed the extra top port from the vita on the vita slim

#1thaininjaPosted 9/9/2013 6:00:44 AM
I'm still shocked that sony hasn't addressed that there is a top port on the vita with no use? it doesn't connect to anything or am i wrong?
#2Megaman OmegaPosted 9/9/2013 6:03:42 AM
It doesn't do anything, and now that the new model exists, it probably never will.
---
Uncharted wasn't even made by Sony. Why use that as an example when we're talking about first party games? - talesfan215
#3EoinPosted 9/9/2013 6:16:26 AM
Ports with no pre-defined use were very common on older consoles. The existence of a port on a games machine doesn't actually necessarily mean that it has a function.
#4thaininja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 6:43:00 AM
what older console had unused ports?
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 9/9/2013 6:45:05 AM(edited)
thaininja posted...

gamecube

unused ports are common. my tv has a lot of them.
#6thaininja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 6:49:03 AM
what port on the gamecube was unused? are we talking about the component cable port?

lets stick to consoles i don't care about tvs.
#7EoinPosted 9/9/2013 6:49:45 AM
thaininja posted...

As a quick example, the parallel port on the original PlayStation. It was never used for anything by Sony. They eventually removed it after a few model revisions. Also, the GameCube - had three ports with no initial use, two of which did eventually get used (one for modem, one for GBA adapter). However, just to be clear, I'm not talking about unused ports - I'm talking ports that had no pre-defined use.
#8Retroxgamer0Posted 9/9/2013 6:51:34 AM
Eoin posted...
thaininja posted...

As a quick example, the parallel port on the original PlayStation. It was never used for anything by Sony. They eventually removed it after a few model revisions. Also, the GameCube - had three ports with no initial use, two of which did eventually get used (one for modem, one for GBA adapter). However, just to be clear, I'm not talking about unused ports - I'm talking ports that had no pre-defined use.

well they started out with no predefined use. they build accessories for them later, sometimes the accessories get scrapped and ports never get used.
#9MMaestroPosted 9/9/2013 6:52:04 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
thaininja posted...

gamecube

unused ports are common. my tv has a lot of them.

PS1 (omfg a Serial I/O port?)
PS2 (those USB ports were supposed to be used for things like external hard drives)
N64 until the lolExpansion Pak
The NES was supposed to have a modem

Etc
#10ChemicalBurritoPosted 9/9/2013 6:58:29 AM
thaininja posted...

Add the Atari 7800 to the list.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...