Opinion: PS Vita TV poised to shake up the 'microconsole' race

#1Natureboy99Posted 9/10/2013 8:13:43 PM
http://indiegames.com/2013/09/opinion_ps_vita_tv_poised_to_s.html

Interesting article!

Discuss or mock if old. For those of us that follow the microconsole race, Sony basically just blew everyone away. This can only mean great things for Vita as a platform.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#2WoefulyDolorousPosted 9/10/2013 8:15:06 PM
As long as it brings more games I am all for it

I hope some console only PS4 peeps jump in
#3zandm7Posted 9/10/2013 8:17:37 PM
There are a lot of articles like this lately. We can only hope this turns out to be true!
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#4Starwars4JPosted 9/10/2013 8:32:09 PM
Great to hear that it was finally able to topple the industry giant that is the Ouya. And they said it couldn't be done.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5Prototype82Posted 9/10/2013 8:32:45 PM
Other micro consoles have limited potential. The PS Vita TV seems to have limitless potential.
#6Natureboy99(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 5:59:29 AM
Prototype82 posted...
Other micro consoles have limited potential. The PS Vita TV seems to have limitless potential.

It definitely has more potential. Just the Vita library alone makes it leagues better than ouya. However, I think the steam box will be worthy competition.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#7lordcloudxPosted 9/11/2013 6:06:53 AM
Waiting for 3DSTV for $50 to enter the market.
---
Paragon of Justice: Crimson Ranger! The Greatest Superhero Never Known http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3028741/1/Paragon-of-Justice-Crimson-Ranger
#8stargazer64Posted 9/11/2013 6:07:53 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Great to hear that it was finally able to topple the industry giant that is the Ouya. And they said it couldn't be done.

Laughs
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#9L0L_FAQPosted 9/11/2013 6:46:30 AM
I love my Vita but I'm not going to buy a Vita TV. The reason is simple; there are a dozen alternatives available with much better media options. I already have 200ft of HDMI cabling for my PS3, 360, Wii U and HTPC from my living room to my bedroom upstairs, and they're hooked up to an HDMI switchbox. It is much cheaper and more useful to run the cabling than to buy a Vita TV. Secondly, for my lounge, for $100, I recently bought an Android device that I can manipulate to my heart's content for $90 that is hooked up to the TV. It is networked to my main PC and its 3+ terabytes of music, movies, TV shows and emulators and runs Angstrom Linux. It can also output 8.1 surround sound to my home theatre system and is generally much more powerful than the Vita TV ever has any hope of being. As far as an actual media box is concerned, it is not the best thing out there.

However, your average gamer is a complete and utter moron. Your average gamer isn't as industrious, savvy and intelligent as L0L_FAQ and would rather pay $100 for an inferior device than shell out $100-ish once and for all for a networkable device and about $50-100 in cabling and signal repeaters. For these slower witted people, the Vita TV is the perfect companion device to the PS4.

But think about that for a second. A perfect companion device to the PS4. Slowly and gradually, that is what the Vita is being reduced to. A companion device. Soon, the system will be a footnote on the PS4's shiny history and nothing more. The more people that buy the Vita TV, the worse the Vita situation will get for you, the gamer. The only solution is to boycott it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#10SiriusPosted 9/11/2013 6:49:06 AM
Meh.

Nothing will ever beat my PC Engine.
---
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII