A UMD drive in the Vita TV device would have made it absolutely perfect.

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 9/11/2013 12:54:48 PM
I was a little skeptical when I first saw it announced, but it's a pretty nifty device. This system has an amazing price point and it could potentially drastically increase sales of Vita software and the Vita brand install base as a whole.

Unfortunately, there's one slight omission that would have made this thingy perfect, a UMD drive. While UMD is a failed technology, it would have been a perfect inclusion for this device. I'm sure that we have tons of PSP UMD game discs that we'd love to see on a large screen television. Just imagine how nice it would be to have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep or (despite my dislike of it) Crisis Core on such a screen and the ability to use a Dual Shock controller. This is a regrettable omission, but perhaps if it's successful a new model of it could potentially include it. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2gldooriiPosted 9/11/2013 12:56:32 PM
I remember when I would hook my PSP Go up to the TV and use the DS3 to control it
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#3Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 12:59:20 PM
gldoorii posted...
I remember when I would hook my PSP Go up to the TV and use the DS3 to control it

I didn't realize that was possible. I never purchased the PSP Go however, just the 3000 model.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#4mike_411Posted 9/11/2013 1:02:02 PM
Yeah that sounds like a good idea, especially since psp games are STILL selling over there.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
#5VegantoKeensPosted 9/11/2013 1:04:28 PM
UMDs all being digitalized during the PSP Go age would have been a lot better idea. who the hell ****ed up so bad in the past, most of us are still suffering because of that.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#6krizz07Posted 9/11/2013 1:05:23 PM
This topic just reminds me of my anger towards sony for not doing a UMD-to-digital transfer of games in NA like how they did with Japan. THANKS A LOT VISH >:(
#7Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 1:09:42 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
UMDs all being digitalized during the PSP Go age would have been a lot better idea. who the hell ****ed up so bad in the past, most of us are still suffering because of that.

Actually, there is a device that allows you to convert UMD into digital. Unfortunately, it's only available in Japan. Everyone should have the ability to take advantage of it. :-(

krizz07 posted...
This topic just reminds me of my anger towards sony for not doing a UMD-to-digital transfer of games in NA like how they did with Japan. THANKS A LOT VISH >:(

I got Froakie'd lol.

Sorry. :-(
---
#8Tenchi UKPosted 9/11/2013 1:11:18 PM
id love it especially since one of my favorite psp games was taken off the US store (phantasy star portable 2)
---
Pear into Peaches!
#9SagadegoPosted 9/11/2013 1:17:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10VegantoKeensPosted 9/11/2013 1:27:03 PM
Japan has that? They can play BbS and CC on a Vita? Lucky bastards.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake