vita sales will be even lower now

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 9/11/2013 3:09:38 PM(edited)
half of the vita players are going to switch from vita to the vita tv because the majority of gamers outside of japan game at home not on the go. even those who own both will use the tv one 90% of the time. so the vita base will probably cut by either 40% or 50% in favor of the ps vita tv. theres also the fact that its way cheaper, and when people look at the fact that the new vita replacing the old is INFERIOR, they cant even point to the OLED screen being superior to their lcd tv screen, because its the same. it almost looks like sonys trying to purposefully kill off portable gaming, or they gave up on vita, and are trying to save its small library, rather than try to save the vita itself. sure the tv will be very successful but that doesnt actually help vita. if anything itll show how unneeded portable gaming is outside of japan or other areas who live extremely active on-the-go lifestyles. maybe next gen theyll just discontinue their portable line outside of japan, because i know im making the switch. as long as i have the vita exclusives ready to go on my tv, i have no reason to ever play on a vita again. when they make dual shock 4 compatible with it, the vita is done. there is no reason to pay more for something that youll only play in the bathroom or maybe on a train/bus for 10 minutes inbetween breaks. all you need is a power outlet and a pocket sized box (more portable than vita might i add) and you can play vita games anywhere for 99 dollars. whats the point of vita now? it has little to nothing to offer in comparison to its tv counterpart. i bought my vita for exclusive games mainly. there will be a few left that actually HAVE very active busy lifestyles that would prefer a vita, but those numbers are a heck of a lot lower than the vita fanbase is now. most vita owners outside of japan only own it because of the great exclusives (like gravity rush, persona 4 golden, soul sacrifice, etc) and now you dont need a portable to play them.
#2SlaysmePosted 9/11/2013 3:03:39 PM
You are a loser. Just shut your stupid face, and find something more worthwhile to spend your time on.

All you ever do is whine.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#3LemonKweenstaaaPosted 9/11/2013 3:08:09 PM
Dayyyum...
---
~President of the Persona 4 Golden board~
#4pigwarsPosted 9/11/2013 3:14:34 PM
vita tv + 32gb card + dualshock

is about same price as ps3 500gb but 100x more + better games on ps3
---
Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged, if you fail a few times.
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 3:18:10 PM
pigwars posted...
vita tv + 32gb card + dualshock

is about same price as ps3 500gb but 100x more + better games on ps3

sony plans to add firmware to make dual shock 4 compatible with ps vita tv and increase the library of vita games to include support for touch based ones such as gravity rush.
#6PS_VitaPosted 9/11/2013 3:20:17 PM
I wonder how people can think the Vita could possibly recover. Even the goddamn Washington Post has an article about this.
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 3:26:13 PM
all i know is persona 4 golden alone is worth 99 dollars.
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 3:30:30 PM
ps vita really was the next dreamcast. it price dropped to 99 dollars lol. just like dreamcast.
#9Natureboy99Posted 9/11/2013 3:33:27 PM
You are over thinking it tc. Vita as a platform will increase in sales. If the portable version decreases in sales it doesn't matter. As a platform, install base will go up, which means more games.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#10pigwarsPosted 9/11/2013 3:34:21 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
all i know is persona 4 golden alone is worth 99 dollars.

for gamers from 12 to 16? i love atlus but saying its the best vita game actually hurts the vita
---
Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged, if you fail a few times.