new to vita, any good horror or puzzle titles?

#1thierminatorPosted 9/15/2013 12:06:34 AM
Hey guys, so i bought a vita yesterday.
I,m a big fan of the old silent hill , resident evil an siren games.
So are there slow paced horror titles on the vita? Or good puzzle games like catherine or portal? Or in the making. Thank you , also i am from Belguim (Europe) and it looks like there are less titles here. Also can you link your vita only to 1 account? Because i also have a usa psn account , and i have hotline miami on that account.
---
---
Now playing : dragons crown ,silent hill 3 & bayonetta
#2j2zon2591Posted 9/15/2013 12:17:31 AM
I hope you didn't buy the wrong system.

Puzzle?

What's your definition of puzzle?

There's Dokuro, Machinarium and Escape plan (just watch youtube videos)
There's also Lumines.

Maybe Germinator?

Some told me that when they say puzzle, it meant like Puyo Puyo (w/c is announced in Japan and also for the 3DS) or Bubble Bobble or some sort.

Horror? There's Silent Hill Book of Memories but that's a dungeon crawler. (again, youtube it)

There's Forgotten Memories (horror) game announced but it's also releasing on the iPad and Wii U.

The VITA can only be used by one account at a time and would require complete reformat of both unit and the card to be used for another account from a different region.
#3VegantoKeensPosted 9/15/2013 12:28:42 AM
There haven't been any Vita horror games yet as far as I know. It is pretty much my favourite genre. The Silent Hill for the Vita has nothing to do with the series or with horror.

Digital games from PSone and PSP:

Resident Evil 1-3
Dino Crisis 1-2
Silent Hill
Parasite Eve 1-2

Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Obscure: The Aftermath
Manhunt 2
The Third Birthday (sequel to Parasite Eve)
Corpse Party

There will be a Corpse Party sequel on Vita. I expect RE Revelations to get ported when Vita sales pick up and the third party production team is on a roll. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Bend will do a Last of Us on the Vita.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#4AjidoMarujidoPosted 9/15/2013 12:32:27 AM
Virtue's Last Reward fits both of those genres kinda. Though, it's not the same type of horror game as Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

It's a virtual novel, the story is like a horror/suspense thing, while the gameplay sections are logic puzzles. It's a very good game, but the downside is that it's a sequel, and you will not get the full effect of the story unless you play its predecessor ("9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" for Nintendo DS) first.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 and PC)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#5mralspspPosted 9/15/2013 12:55:08 AM
Horror: The Walking Dead came out (Don't know about EU)

Puzzle: Lumines (my favorite)
---
3DS XL (blue) 0645-6929-4999: Mr.AlXLB
PSN (Vita & PS3): syscoman / Wii U: Mr.AlsU
#6Lowtan_LanePosted 9/15/2013 1:03:07 AM
mralspsp posted...
Horror: The Walking Dead came out (Don't know about EU)

Puzzle: Lumines (my favorite)

wouldnt classify TWD as horror. Its closer to the game Heavy Rain. You know with more zombies and less mystery solving.
---
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane
#7thierminator(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:52:02 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
I hope you didn't buy the wrong system.

Puzzle?

What's your definition of puzzle?

There's Dokuro, Machinarium and Escape plan (just watch youtube videos)
There's also Lumines.

Maybe Germinator?

Some told me that when they say puzzle, it meant like Puyo Puyo (w/c is announced in Japan and also for the 3DS) or Bubble Bobble or some sort.

Horror? There's Silent Hill Book of Memories but that's a dungeon crawler. (again, youtube it)

There's Forgotten Memories (horror) game announced but it's also releasing on the iPad and Wii U.

The VITA can only be used by one account at a time and would require complete reformat of both unit and the card to be used for another account from a different region.

Puzzle like catherine or portal. Not like tetris.
---
---
Now playing : dragons crown ,silent hill 3 & bayonetta
#8random_guy257Posted 9/15/2013 6:31:18 AM
AjidoMarujido posted...
Virtue's Last Reward fits both of those genres kinda. Though, it's not the same type of horror game as Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

It's a virtual novel, the story is like a horror/suspense thing, while the gameplay sections are logic puzzles. It's a very good game, but the downside is that it's a sequel, and you will not get the full effect of the story unless you play its predecessor ("9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" for Nintendo DS) first.

Here you go. You'll also be introduced to one of, if not, the best story ever. Ever.
---
_/|