Is Concenption 2 the 1st VITA/3DS game that sold more on the VITA?

#11halfelven23Posted 9/15/2013 9:00:41 AM
what about FIFA? 3DS got 12 and 13 too right?
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#12TranslatorTomPosted 9/15/2013 9:15:42 AM
mikebrand83 posted...
TranslatorTom posted...
Time Travelers also sold more on the Vita.

Though only by a difference of 3%, with 9,332 on Vita against 9,054 on 3DS.

It's still impressive, considering the install base of the 3DS compared to the Vita... And it answers the poster's question. The answer is no. Conception 2 is not the first Vita/3DS game that sold more on the Vita.
---
-Tom
#13TranslatorTomPosted 9/15/2013 9:18:25 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
It probably has to do with Vita having less competition for the game.

To be fair, the Vita had MORE competition, since Sony fans also had the option of getting the PSP version, which was also in the pipeline.

Yet the Vita version outsold both the 3DS and PSP versions.
---
-Tom
#14CooperRCPosted 9/15/2013 9:22:41 AM
TranslatorTom posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

To be fair, the Vita had MORE competition, since Sony fans also had the option of getting the PSP version, which was also in the pipeline.

He is talking about competition will other titles. 3DS gamers have far better options than low quality games like Conception 2.
#15TranslatorTomPosted 9/15/2013 4:45:47 PM
CooperRC posted...
TranslatorTom posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

He is talking about competition will other titles. 3DS gamers have far better options than low quality games like Conception 2.

Time Travelers was high quality, I thought.

You're right, though. Conception 2 is not very high quality. It's like an upgraded PSP game, but the majority of 3DS games seem like upgraded PSP games (or N64 games) anyway.
---
-Tom
#16mikebrand83Posted 9/15/2013 5:35:37 PM(edited)
TranslatorTom posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Check the link I posted. On that week, the combined sales of both versions of Time Travelers was outsold by over six times by Pokemon B/W 2... On its fourth week on sale.

That's competition, not a vastly inferior port everyone already knows will be inferior.

Edit:
For proof, the PSP version (with an even larger install base than the 3DS) charted lower on its first week than either the 3DS and Vita version on their second week.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/28/time-travelers-on-psp-sold-less-than-vita-and-3ds-versions/
#17j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 6:20:51 PM
halfelven23 posted...
what about FIFA? 3DS got 12 and 13 too right?

Interesting. I mentioned that on the 1st post too but it was an assumption.

Do we have any real data on how much the VITA sold against the 3DS (FIFA?).

Could add as a small evidence for "X device sells better for X type/genre."

@others:

I guess the VITA base being more "hungry" in terms of games is also a factor.

I personally may have not bought some VITA games if I were offered ME/Dead Space/DeDaS/FO at the same time.
#18TranslatorTomPosted 9/15/2013 8:39:34 PM
mikebrand83 posted...
For proof, the PSP version (with an even larger install base than the 3DS) charted lower on its first week than either the 3DS and Vita version on their second week.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/28/time-travelers-on-psp-sold-less-than-vita-and-3ds-versions/

Yep, as I said the Vita version outsold both the 3DS and the PSP versions. It was the best version of the game. It's a very cinematic game, so it's natural that people would want the version with the best visuals. Vita, having the best visuals, sold the most.

It's still surprising that it managed to do this with so small a user base, but it is what it is.
---
-Tom
#19mikebrand83Posted 9/15/2013 9:38:25 PM
TranslatorTom posted...

Yep, as I said the Vita version outsold both the 3DS and the PSP versions. It was the best version of the game. It's a very cinematic game, so it's natural that people would want the version with the best visuals. Vita, having the best visuals, sold the most.

It's still surprising that it managed to do this with so small a user base, but it is what it is.

A niche appeal title with everything going for the Vita version (visuals, like you say - as well as Nintendo handheld gamers busy with Pokemon B/W 2), and still selling only 3% better than the 3DS version. I'd say that's a bit more surprising.
#20NnamzPosted 9/15/2013 10:22:02 PM
What multiplats do they even have? I'd be willing to bet most would sell better on Vita.

Off the top of my head there's

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed

I don't know about most of these, but there's no way Fifa 13 sold more on 3DS, and I doubt Rayman did either (it was a late and crappy port).
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vitavs3DS