Is Concenption 2 the 1st VITA/3DS game that sold more on the VITA?

#21j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 10:44:14 PM
Nnamz posted...
What multiplats do they even have? I'd be willing to bet most would sell better on Vita.

Off the top of my head there's

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed

I don't know about most of these, but there's no way Fifa 13 sold more on 3DS, and I doubt Rayman did either (it was a late and crappy port).

For some reason I think RE:R would've sold more on the VITA if it were a multi-plat with the 3DS.

Oh well, don't think too much about it. Just another fantasy ramble.
#22CcroybbPosted 9/15/2013 10:57:49 PM
Nnamz posted...
What multiplats do they even have? I'd be willing to bet most would sell better on Vita.

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman

I don't know about most of these, but there's no way Fifa 13 sold more on 3DS, and I doubt Rayman did either (it was a late and crappy port).

Rayman and Sonic don't count, as the 3DS version released months after the Vita version. Conception seems to be the only one to sell better on Vita, and that's because the Vita has a lot of games that appeal to otaku's, so it was a better fit.
---
If you're not playing Shin Megami Tensei IV or Tales of Xillia you should feel bad.
#23j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 11:03:11 PM
Ccroybb posted...
Nnamz posted...

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman

Rayman and Sonic don't count, as the 3DS version released months after the Vita version. Conception seems to be the only one to sell better on Vita, and that's because the Vita has a lot of games that appeal to otaku's, so it was a better fit.

Maybe the trend's changing as the 3DS is getting some Otaku games when some would think it might be better of as a VITA game.

Amazoness
Super Sonico
HS DxD

..probably the raw luring power of the "inflated" install base.

Well, I guess you could say the DS has that loli panty game and Love Plus.

Anyway, I'd be interested in Batman Blackgate results.
#24CooperRCPosted 9/16/2013 3:07:30 PM(edited)
j2zon2591 posted...
Ccroybb posted...
Nnamz posted...

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman

Maybe the trend's changing as the 3DS is getting some Otaku games when some would think it might be better of as a VITA game.

Amazoness
Super Sonico
HS DxD

That kind of happens when the country of your target audience is not buying a lot of Vita's. I hope Vita TV turns things around so the Vita starts getting more good new (non-port/remake) JRPG's. For the most part, the best JRPG's on this system can be played some where else; the new JRPG's are mostly below average to low quality so far.
#25NnamzPosted 9/16/2013 5:19:53 PM
Ccroybb posted...
Rayman and Sonic don't count, as the 3DS version released months after the Vita version.

Given Vita's tiny userbase, I doubt that had an impact on 3DS versions sales. The quality of the 3DS versions of both of these games likely did.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vitavs3DS
#26j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 6:20:47 PM
CooperRC posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Ccroybb posted...
Nnamz posted...

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman

Amazoness
Super Sonico
HS DxD

That kind of happens when the country of your target audience is not buying a lot of Vita's. I hope Vita TV turns things around so the Vita starts getting more good new (non-port/remake) JRPG's. For the most part, the best JRPG's on this system can be played some where else; the new JRPG's are mostly below average to low quality so far.

That seems true.

The only jrpg that seems to have a better air about it is PSNova. I think so mostly because it doesn't seem to be a low PV game and an exclusive. Sadly, I feel like it's going to be ported up.

Freedomwars (jarpg) may give the genre something new like a cover mechanic and 8 player PVP and Co-op but I have a feeling it's gonna be cast off as another MH wannabe by a lot.

I'm also not sure about that Over My Dead Body 2 game. It does look unique at least.

Maybe Sony should just convince and promote to VITA devs to do low budget graphics because it can be very resource heavy (budget) and focus on gameplay.

It seems a lot are fine with maybe around PS2 (but some new shader effects) graphics at least judging by what massively sells on dedicated handhelds.

http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/MH4-pic-9.jpg

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/ps2/monster_hunter/screens/monster_hunter_47.jpg

Is Tearaway a start?

Then again, graphics is probably an "easy" way to give distinction against its competitions.

Hard times for the VITA indeed.

We'll see.
#27OlimaC-gamerPosted 9/16/2013 6:42:25 PM
Nnamz posted...

Rayman Origins
VLR
Fifa 13
Conception
(upcoming) Batman

If i remember correctly, VLR sold more units on 3DS.
---
Like me gum!