All the tales games for the Vita are pretty mundane actually

#1Bancario51Posted 9/16/2013 10:23:10 AM
Innocence was one of the most enjoyable games I played. Hearts was sort of lackluster too, so I don't really feel like we are missing much. Anyone feel the same way or you wish they would localize these two games?
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2mike_411Posted 9/16/2013 10:28:54 AM
That's how I felt about all tales games after Symphonia.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
#3lordcloudxPosted 9/16/2013 10:29:47 AM
I play the tales games because they're basically the epitome of every jrpg cliche I can think of -- and I don't mind that at all. So yeah, I wish they'd localize these games. The PSP didn't have too many traditional jrpgs that weren't PS1 ports I'd already played and I fear that the Vita might go the same route.

I can read a bit of Japanese and can probably play the Japanese versions just fine mostly, but it'd be so much easier in English since my reading speed is like two sentences per minute with lots of cross-referencing and guesswork when an unfamiliar kanji pops up.
---
The Wonders of Glue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIk7zyzYkpM
#4GalluszPosted 9/16/2013 10:34:41 AM
Bancario51 posted...
Innocence was one of the most enjoyable games I played. Hearts was sort of lackluster too, so I don't really feel like we are missing much. Anyone feel the same way or you wish they would localize these two games?

It's just you
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.
#5DarthLaharlPosted 9/16/2013 10:36:54 AM
Gallusz posted...
Bancario51 posted...

It's just you

^This
---
Weebo is just another derogatory insult that people hate to be called but will later end up accepting.
(Ex. nerd, emo, hipster, gay, and even the N-word.)
#6KGTriggerPosted 9/16/2013 10:40:08 AM
Have you guys played Innocence? It's definitely one of the more boring Tales games. I haven't played Hearts yet, so I'm hoping that's better.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#7windmasteryPosted 9/16/2013 11:21:17 AM
KGTrigger posted...
Have you guys played Innocence? It's definitely one of the more boring Tales games. I haven't played Hearts yet, so I'm hoping that's better.

We are talking about the R right?

The story? I guess...
The Character Interactions? Absolutely
The battle system? Kinda... It was good until I played Hearts

I was VERY skeptical about Hearts.
However, I realize that Hearts is way better in almost every aspect than Innocence.
1. The Story picks up FAST! And we have a goal from the beginning
2. Well, any tales will win in character interaction/development when compared with Innocence
3. Chase Link makes Innocence's gameplay rather bland... Not to mention Guard Counter is back.
4. Better Music, IMO. I just love that sad music when the two soldiers in Estrega was sincerely crying for not being able to protect what was truly important T_T

While I agree that Innocence is kinda (read: really) boring, I won't say the same for Hearts. I'll still buy both if they got localized, tho.
---
Tales!
Currently Playing: Vesperia, Hearts, Graces, Destiny, Eternia; Finished With: Abyss, Phantasia, Innocence; PSN: aeroga93
#8TyrantLowKeyPosted 9/16/2013 1:07:26 PM
mike_411 posted...
That's how I felt about all tales games after Symphonia.

I know the feeling though now I feel the "special" version of Tales of the Abyss on PS2 and now Graces F for me personally have rivaled the experience though I must say I dn't know if it's nostaglia or that I played the game for 40+ hours again recently but Tales of Symphonia holds a special place for me personally.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT IV, ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#9ChemicalBurritoPosted 9/16/2013 1:25:13 PM
I think the issue here is that Vita owners might prefer some Tales in English on the Vita as opposed to the current situation, which is no Tales in English on the Vita.

Not that they're going to get localized no matter what we want...
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...
#10KGTriggerPosted 9/16/2013 2:15:31 PM
windmastery posted...
KGTrigger posted...

We are talking about the R right?

The story? I guess...
The Character Interactions? Absolutely
The battle system? Kinda... It was good until I played Hearts

I was VERY skeptical about Hearts.
However, I realize that Hearts is way better in almost every aspect than Innocence.
1. The Story picks up FAST! And we have a goal from the beginning
2. Well, any tales will win in character interaction/development when compared with Innocence
3. Chase Link makes Innocence's gameplay rather bland... Not to mention Guard Counter is back.
4. Better Music, IMO. I just love that sad music when the two soldiers in Estrega was sincerely crying for not being able to protect what was truly important T_T

While I agree that Innocence is kinda (read: really) boring, I won't say the same for Hearts. I'll still buy both if they got localized, tho.

The story might have been fine, but I don't really take that into consideration as much as the gameplay and actual characters.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID