Almost two years, how do you think the Vita will do in terms of sales and games

#1PS_VitaPosted 9/19/2013 4:40:13 PM
What's your take on it?
#2Geos59Posted 9/19/2013 5:14:15 PM
In terms of games, for what's released and what's to come, I think it's dynamite.

In terms of sales, I believe it will get better with more great games getting released and announced.
---
Magic Man! :3
It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great!
#3FlaccidKratosPosted 9/19/2013 8:16:16 PM
In the long run, the Vita should be fine. It's flopping hard right now, but the PS3 also did pretty poorly its first 2-3 years on the market and it was a success in the end.
#4ShinyToyPaladinPosted 9/19/2013 8:24:27 PM
Honestly I think the Vita will pick up once the PS4 comes out.

VitaTV and the Vita being a companion device to the PS4 seem like it'll really help the system out. I don't have one yet, but will probably pick one up soon after the PS4 comes out.
#5LinkMaster2703Posted 9/19/2013 8:28:09 PM
Abysmally and terribly, respectively.
---
3DS friend code: 4081-5496-3475
PSN: C_Dalke
#6MMaestroPosted 9/19/2013 9:14:21 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Abysmally and terribly, respectively.

This.

The Vita outlook is very, very bad. A lot of games fanboys are clinging to have no chance of being localized outside of Japan (I'm still waiting for PSO2 Sega!) or flat-out wouldn't sell even if they were localized here.
#7j2zon2591Posted 9/19/2013 9:38:57 PM
Sony's dead weight.. corpse/zombie pet.. only kept alive to save face from some investors and a few customers.

You don't see the "Wait for 2 years, you'll see" claim nowadays.

Glorified PS4 controller and a few niche "ok" titles near the end of its life cycle. Mostly 1st party.

It'll do worse than the PSP.

VTV?

Unless Sony pushes it so hard by putting it in most Sony TV, make it a dual booting Android/Roku set-top-box, even a mid-tier smart phone.. It's gonna be "mediocre" in terms of commercial success.

What's a way that could make the VITA a bit more relevant? Money hatting 3rd parties w/c I doubt they'd do much.

Why invest and risk a lot of money for an ailing system? It's not like it's Sony's "last" profitable platform?

meh investment, meh returns, meh platform.

Now, if Sony's going to publish an "AAA" vita game (a good exclusive GTA, a new decent COD VITA), the world may take it more seriously.

Doesn't mean there's no hope.

With the portable software and hardware trends lately, the VITA is just in a tough spot.
#8teh1337gosuPosted 9/19/2013 10:01:26 PM
As a big PSP fan, I still won't buy a Vita.

I already beat P4 and sadly cannot replay it anytime soon. I'm not interested in games I can play on other platforms.

So what's left on Vita, Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice? That's not enough.

So Abysmally, and terribly respectively.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#9Megaman OmegaPosted 9/20/2013 5:33:58 AM(edited)
FlaccidKratos posted...
In the long run, the Vita should be fine. It's flopping hard right now, but the PS3 also did pretty poorly its first 2-3 years on the market and it was a success in the end.

The PS3? A success? lol.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

You know how Sony's debt now is almost as high as the value of the entire company and how they're taking drastic measures (such as selling their buildings) in order to not go bankrupt? And how their credit card rating got degraded multiple times in the last three years? The PS3 is one of the main reasons why that happened. Another bomb like the PS3 and Sony is gone.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#10karissa1Posted 9/20/2013 5:40:54 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
FlaccidKratos posted...

The PS3? A success? lol.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

You know how Sony's debt now is almost as high as the value of the entire company and how they're taking drastic measures (such as selling their buildings) in order to not go bankrupt? And how their credit card rating got degraded multiple times in the last three years? The PS3 is one of the main reasons why that happened. Another bomb like the PS3 and Sony is gone.

Gee, Wii U's loses are going to be worse.