Revolutionary COMPILE HEART RPG PV comes to the PS Vita on 10/31/2013!!!!

#11j2zon2591Posted 9/20/2013 2:53:37 AM
Looks good other than seemingly runs at 2/3 the framerate of what's presented as the PS3 version.

The battle effects look worse though and the character bloom seems too strong.

The long puffy melon colored chick has shoulder bone issues though (when a battle is won and she flops to the ground).
#12karissa1Posted 9/20/2013 4:30:53 AM
Termin8r posted...
karissa1 posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
karissa1 posted...
Yay for another game I won't get to play in English?

Technically you can: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/995177-hyperdimension-neptunia

The significance here is that the Vita version is an overhaul/remake of that game. The models are redone, the battle system and encounters are more in line with the sequels, and the game is overall more polished as a result.

The Vita may be getting ports and remakes, but damn if those remakes aren't really something. I might have to start allocating some funds and time for a Vita if this keeps up.

It's a port, not a new game?

It's basically a "polished port". Not really a complete remake, but not a mere cut-and-paste port either.

I'll get it anyway if it releases in the West. But two is supposedly the better game, we'll have to wait for that one.
#13ChemicalBurritoPosted 9/20/2013 5:10:50 AM
You lost me at "COMPILE HEART", sorry.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...
#14Chaos_MissilePosted 9/20/2013 8:18:20 AM
Termin8r posted...
karissa1 posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
karissa1 posted...

The significance here is that the Vita version is an overhaul/remake of that game. The models are redone, the battle system and encounters are more in line with the sequels, and the game is overall more polished as a result.

The Vita may be getting ports and remakes, but damn if those remakes aren't really something. I might have to start allocating some funds and time for a Vita if this keeps up.

It's basically a "polished port". Not really a complete remake, but not a mere cut-and-paste port either.

How is it not a "complete remake" when almost every asset is reworked?
The artstyle has been improved slightly
The animation is also improved ALOT; they even added in a jump mechanic!
The battle system and encounter system has also been revamped
There wasnt a goof enough sample to tell if they even reworked the music.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#15Matter85Posted 9/20/2013 8:34:06 AM
furygods posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGXS-RDFbLk

Love those jumping sound effects <3 <3 <3

Dammit Japan, STHAP!
---
-Checkmate
#16silenthill4vidPosted 9/20/2013 8:46:29 AM
cool, love knowing japanese b0is.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#17mike_411Posted 9/20/2013 8:51:34 AM
karissa1 posted...
Termin8r posted...
karissa1 posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
karissa1 posted...

I'll get it anyway if it releases in the West. But two is supposedly the better game, we'll have to wait for that one.

Two was the better game due to the revamped battle system (Story wasn't nearly as fun) and now that Hype Nep has the same battle system this might be the best version of all the games.

Plus it seems they reworked when you get the CPU's so you don't have to share grind anymore. Might just get this and plat it again. :)
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
#18arclouks_xPosted 9/20/2013 8:55:05 AM
karissa1 posted...
The game looks good though.

not as good as you baby, not as good as you.

ok now seriously, it looks fun but damn I just cant imagine the sh... I would get from playing that in public lol.
---
PSN:JustArc_/arclouksx
Now playing:Dissidia 012, Resident evil:Revelations HD.
#19superbowl54Posted 9/20/2013 10:59:50 AM(edited)
it'll be even better once it gets localized.

LemonKweenstaaa posted...
I don't think Compile Heart has ever made a good game.

I hope to God you don't get paid to think. Then again.... I'm dealing with the same guy who claims Persona 4 is a loli game...
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.
#20superbowl54Posted 9/20/2013 10:57:56 AM
Termin8r posted...
karissa1 posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
karissa1 posted...

not really, it's closer to being a complete remake than a "polished port" because they're using V's battle system to replace the gameplay from the first game.

and V had probably the best turn-based battle system I've played this gen, and I've played pretty much every JRPG worth playing.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.