Sometimes I feel like I misplaced my money buying a Vita

#31TerryJ999Posted 9/20/2013 6:52:53 PM
PSP and PS1,2,3 are "japanese" consoles and they got plenty of Western games. "Japanese system" is a stupid term to give to consoles that were release worldwide. Don't know why people are trying to categorize video games/system now.

The only thing that is preventing me from selling my Vita is Final Fantasy 10 HD, other than that I'm a tad disappointed of the lack of western style games.

Great system and all, but...

If I knew this was going to happen, if I knew the games that came out (CoD Declassified, Jak n Daxter, etc) was going to suck, I would had saved my $350+ and bought a ps3.
#32j2zon2591Posted 9/20/2013 7:24:32 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
I am glad for people all happy for TGS '13, but it feels so lackluster to me.

I am excited for Gundam, and Dynasty Warriors 8 XL (or whatever it is). Otherwise, I don't know what else to excited for.

I don't care for the Japanese games, and the ones that I did care for (FFX-X2 qHD) are a season or more away.

I already played Soul Sacrifice. I don't care for expansions of hunting games especially if they are to be released at full-price of the original. Sure, it adds what seems to be a lot of additions, but I don't know if I care to go through the same story.

I hate Monster Hunter games so that's out.

SEGA is never localizing games unless Atlus becomes our beacon of hope.

Lots of these silly games like Doganronpa (sp) and Demon Gaze are not even worth glancing at in my opinion.

I know this is just someone stating their opinions, but what does someone who doesn't care about the Japanese market look forward to? Aside for what seems like 90% denied localization attempts, and poor western support. Maybe if Gravity Rush 2 has improved controls and a quality story that will be a good start as I expect it to be localized.

What is the next event we wait for? E3 (lulz) again and unknown announcements over time? :/

I read my topic title. I feel kind of bad, I like my Vita. I just wish the West liked it too besides Indie Devs, and maybe Japanese devs localizing their games instead of having to pay import fees and then being disappointed at games that might not even be very good.

This is essentially a reassurance topic. Reassure me please. I am looking forward to Tearaway and Ys this year hopefully.

Nope. Western 3rd party seem to be more interested in indies and mobile.. ports if you get lucky.

5S was announced but no controller.. maybe once the 6th gen iPod touches are unveiled.

For now, maybe you're better of shelving your VITA and keeping of the VITA boards.