Do you think vita can reach half the sales number of the 3ds when this ends??

#1IloveslimesOMGPosted 9/21/2013 5:25:11 AM
If not I guess it failed to steal nintendo handheld marketshare... think it flopped O__o
---
When xbox servers shut down, XBONED appears on your screen,your Xbox grows legs and arms,punches your mother in the gut,and steals a beer on the way out
#2j2zon2591Posted 9/21/2013 5:43:13 AM
I think the VITA would be considered lucky if it sold 1/5 of the total 3DS hardware when this handheld's gen is over. Maybe that's even optimistic.
#3guedesbrawlPosted 9/21/2013 5:54:27 AM
flopped is a little harsh. see, do you know why nintendo got away with profits during the SNES--->GC era? They sold a lot of 1st party games.

Depending on how much those sell in the Vita, it could actually turn out okay. It won't bring huge profits, and i admit: as of now it's very likely to not recover.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#4VegantoKeensPosted 9/21/2013 6:51:03 AM
Well no. A lot of those people spend their money. Most do not see the point of owning two handhelds. I highly doubt over half of the millions of 3DS customers would care about getting a Vita.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#5psvitantifailPosted 9/21/2013 6:57:50 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
I think the VITA would be considered lucky if it sold 1/5 of the total 3DS hardware when this handheld's gen is over. Maybe that's even optimistic.

PlayStation Vita TV might give it a good chance of selling 3/5 or 6/5 of the 3ds sales it's $100 cheaper then a 2 DS and 3ds and has a better library( because of the ability to play ps1,psp,psvita and ps2-3 with Gaikai support... Plus it got a positive response in the West and Asian market....
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#6skipboris2Posted 9/21/2013 7:03:58 AM
Just as 3ds owners don't care that 3ds gets trashed by iOS, I don't care that 3ds outsells vita. Its getting games I want to play, and 3ds isn't.
#7RadKickAssPosted 9/21/2013 7:15:29 AM
Nope, but it'll forever be the better system.
---
TO MICHAEL!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#8Lord_VishanaPosted 9/21/2013 7:29:09 AM
Honestly? No, but it doesn't have to. The Vita will always remain a niche device. It doesn't have to outsell it's predecessor or competition in order to be considered successful.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#9Lord_VishanaPosted 9/21/2013 7:38:47 AM
skipboris2 posted...
Just as 3ds owners don't care that 3ds gets trashed by iOS, I don't care that 3ds outsells vita. Its getting games I want to play, and 3ds isn't.

While you're entitled to that opinion, I need to ask something. There's absolutely nothing in the 3DS library that interests you? I'm sorry but I find it strange for anyone to look at that library and not find at least one game to be interested in. The same also applies to the Vita. If there's not a single game amongst each ones library, then people are being super picky.

RadKickAss posted...
Nope, but it'll forever be the better system.

Both systems are great for what they offer. Neither is inherently better than the other.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#10j2zon2591Posted 9/21/2013 8:16:05 AM
psvitantifail posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

PlayStation Vita TV might give it a good chance of selling 3/5 or 6/5 of the 3ds sales it's $100 cheaper then a 2 DS and 3ds and has a better library( because of the ability to play ps1,psp,psvita and ps2-3 with Gaikai support... Plus it got a positive response in the West and Asian market....

I don't have very high expectations from VTV unless it's partnered with Google or Roku. A small VITA sales bump when it comes out but that's about it.

VTV isn't a hundred bucks cheaper than a 2DS.

Library quality is subjective (3DS has complete physical DS backwards compatibility afaik) and PS3 streaming is up in the air on how the connection quality is (input lag) and game availability factoring time.

IMO, it's more about the software. Sony is just sending the VTV into the gutters w/o a stream of "decent" software.

Remember the JPN price drop? Spiked and fell.. software traction fell off, hardware slumped pretty fast.

I hope God Eater 2 truly delivers. That seems to be only VITA game with a decent calibre that's around VTV window.

If GE2 doesn't, I fear it may slow down GE VITA development for a new game or worse, leave the VITA system towards 3DS as it's starting to gain "hunting" momentum with not only MH4 but with One Piece and Attack on Titan.. huge brands nonetheless.

We're talking about the "end whole gen handheld gen sales" I think.

I say 3/5 is kind of unrealistic even world wide. 6/5 is insanity.

(6 VTVs + PSVs : 5 3DS + 2DS!?)