Do you think vita can reach half the sales number of the 3ds when this ends??

#11VegantoKeensPosted 9/21/2013 9:53:37 AM(edited)
Lord_Vishana posted...
skipboris2 posted...
Just as 3ds owners don't care that 3ds gets trashed by iOS, I don't care that 3ds outsells vita. Its getting games I want to play, and 3ds isn't.

While you're entitled to that opinion, I need to ask something. There's absolutely nothing in the 3DS library that interests you? I'm sorry but I find it strange for anyone to look at that library and not find at least one game to be interested in. The same also applies to the Vita. If there's not a single game amongst each ones library, then people are being super picky.

RadKickAss posted...
Nope, but it'll forever be the better system.

Both systems are great for what they offer. Neither is inherently better than the other.

Nice politically correct remark, but PS Vita is better than the 3DS in pretty much every single way. No need for a crappy click on to get proper two stick controls. No system based shop that screws you out of your digitally bought content when anything goes wrong. Sheer screen quality and size. Greater graphical and processing power. Backwards compatibility that goes from PS1 games to PSP and select PS2 and PS3 titles and soon PS4 remote play and the full Playstation console library with Gaikai. Netflix.

The two big pros and the only reasons the 3DS is selling well, are external and having nothing to do with the device itself. They are the fact that it is cheap and that it gets a lot more AAA title support. So INHERENTLY, Vita sure as hell is better.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#12Lord_VishanaPosted 9/21/2013 10:13:16 AM
VegantoKeens posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
skipboris2 posted...
Just as 3ds owners don't care that 3ds gets trashed by iOS, I don't care that 3ds outsells vita. Its getting games I want to play, and 3ds isn't.

While you're entitled to that opinion, I need to ask something. There's absolutely nothing in the 3DS library that interests you? I'm sorry but I find it strange for anyone to look at that library and not find at least one game to be interested in. The same also applies to the Vita. If there's not a single game amongst each ones library, then people are being super picky.

RadKickAss posted...
Nope, but it'll forever be the better system.

Both systems are great for what they offer. Neither is inherently better than the other.

Nice politically correct remark, but PS Vita is better than the 3DS in pretty much every single way. No need for a crappy click on to get proper two stick controls. No system based shop that screws you out of your digitally bought content when anything goes wrong. Sheer screen quality and size. Greater graphical and processing power. Backwards compatibility that goes from PS1 games to PSP and select PS2 and PS3 titles and soon PS4 remote play and the full Playstation console library with Gaikai. Netflix.

The two big pros and the only reasons the 3DS is selling well, are external and having nothing to do with the device itself. They are the fact that it is cheap and that it gets a lot more AAA title support. So INHERENTLY, Vita sure as hell is better.

I understand what you meant and I agree that from a hardware perspective, the Vita has the advantage. What I was trying to convey was that neither system is the "correct" one to own. Both offer two different, but equally fun and enjoyable experiences.

No system is without it's flaws. Neither the 3DS nor the Vita are perfect. All your grievances are valid complaints. Some of which Nintendo has addressed, while others they haven't. I would however give an advantage to the 3DS due to it's full physical backwards compatibility.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#13VegantoKeensPosted 9/21/2013 10:35:09 AM
Yeah, I agree on that. I also think it is great that the 3DS has the physical backwards compatibility, but it is better that the Vita does not have an inherent UMD drive. Sony should have fixed that problem years ago, before the PSP Go, by getting everything digital. The UMD is crap and it would have made the Vita look like a hunch backed deformity. it also gives the device a big empty weak spot in integrity.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#14psvitantifailPosted 9/21/2013 10:42:02 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
psvitantifail posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
I think the VITA would be considered lucky if it sold 1/5 of the total 3DS hardware when this handheld's gen is over. Maybe that's even optimistic.

PlayStation Vita TV might give it a good chance of selling 3/5 or 6/5 of the 3ds sales it's $100 cheaper then a 2 DS and 3ds and has a better library( because of the ability to play ps1,psp,psvita and ps2-3 with Gaikai support... Plus it got a positive response in the West and Asian market....

I don't have very high expectations from VTV unless it's partnered with Google or Roku. A small VITA sales bump when it comes out but that's about it.

VTV isn't a hundred bucks cheaper than a 2DS.

Library quality is subjective (3DS has complete physical DS backwards compatibility afaik) and PS3 streaming is up in the air on how the connection quality is (input lag) and game availability factoring time.

IMO, it's more about the software. Sony is just sending the VTV into the gutters w/o a stream of "decent" software.

Remember the JPN price drop? Spiked and fell.. software traction fell off, hardware slumped pretty fast.

I hope God Eater 2 truly delivers. That seems to be only VITA game with a decent calibre that's around VTV window.

If GE2 doesn't, I fear it may slow down GE VITA development for a new game or worse, leave the VITA system towards 3DS as it's starting to gain "hunting" momentum with not only MH4 but with One Piece and Attack on Titan.. huge brands nonetheless.

We're talking about the "end whole gen handheld gen sales" I think.

I say 3/5 is kind of unrealistic even world wide. 6/5 is insanity.

(6 VTVs + PSVs : 5 3DS + 2DS!?)
sorry about that I meant is $100 and cheaper then the 2DS-3
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#15SetecAstronomyPosted 9/27/2013 5:15:58 PM
I don't think Vita will even come close to half of 3DS's lifetime sales. 1/4th would be a good goal for Sony, and I would consider that a success.
#16nyannyan91Posted 9/27/2013 5:29:47 PM
I think it is safe to said the Vita will never reach the 3DS in sales, don't know why and how but it just seems like Nintendo always have a way with handheld.
#17Lelouch71Posted 9/27/2013 5:42:33 PM
nyannyan91 posted...
don't know why and how but it just seems like Nintendo always have a way with handheld.

-Brand loyalty and a good track record
-Plenty of good games from first party to third party
-Affordable at a reasonable price

It's not figure out unless you are a blind Sony fanboy or Nintendo hater.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"