Awesome article about what makes hacking the Vita so difficult!

#21HiddenRoarPosted 9/22/2013 12:03:01 AM
alexg1989 posted...

(I'm not advocating piracy @mods)

Lol, the hacks are what made the PSP so awesome. Even if you completely ignored piracy and emulators, the possibilities of a hacked PSP allow us even more freedom on the PSP than we have on the Vita now.

And what exactly can you do that you couldn't with a non-hacked PSP?

The PSP is doing fine even now in Japan... its doing better than the Wii U at least and it still gets a crap-ton of releases and has great support in that region. The PSP only lacks support out of Japan because of Sony of America and Europe's incompetence. They're blaming hackers for their own failures. They hardly ever advertised the big PSP games, hardly advertised the PSP itself and when they did, the ads were gimmicky and horrendous.

I mean, whenever people want to blame hacks for the PSP's fall out of Japan, all I have to do is point them at the DS. That system was way easier to hack than a PSP. If you screwed up the hack on PSP (and MANY people did), that thing was gone forever unless you paid to have Sony fix it.

If you screw up a hack on the DS... there's a very simple fix. Despite that, DS succeeded tremendously. That stupid excuse just doesn't cut it and never has.

lol Typical excuses from hackers.
Herp why would companies bring over games when people are just going to hack it anyways? The reason the DS did better was because of Nintendo's audience aka kids who had parents BUY games compared to the PSP's audience who think "Derp I'm so edgy I can get all the games I want for free"

Companies should encourage hacks, not screw up the consumer's convenience just for some false sense of security that won't hold up anyway. If the hacks lead to piracy, then so be it. You can't name me a single system that died due to piracy. I wonder why...

The PSP in the West looks like a dead console to me compared to Japan. Hurp Derp So much for being the better system when it only has one section at a gamestop/Walmart/Kmart/etc. compared to the multiple Nintendo's 3DS/DS's sections.

But you'll just blame the companies for them not wanting to waste money in bringing over games you'll just steal from anyways.
#22skyrimer3dPosted 9/22/2013 1:18:23 AM
Pupu27 posted...
Vita isn't difficult to hack at all. The reason that no well-respected hacker cares to spend 1 or 2 hours of their life in hacking the system is there is no worthy games for them to play on it.

that's plain stupid, psp was hacked on the early days of the console when it didn't have a third of the games Vita has now
#23yipeeyahooPosted 9/22/2013 2:53:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24Voodoo_BluesPosted 9/22/2013 5:02:57 AM
The 3DS is "barely" hacked now and what progress has been made has only been made recently. The Vita's popularity has nothing to do with the fact that it's not completely hacked yet.
---
PSN: Melkezadek
#25Shacky_101Posted 9/22/2013 5:28:20 AM
I guess those expensive memory cards really paid off for Sony.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#26ryudin89Posted 9/22/2013 6:14:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27alexg1989Posted 9/22/2013 6:16:27 AM
What can a hacked PSP do? LMAO

Oh not much, only:

1.) reading ebooks
2.) reading comic books even YEARS before Sony implemented theirs.
3.) taking screenshots
4.) listening to music while playing a game
5.) folders for games YEARS before Sony implemented their version.
6.) cheat database whcih gave me endless hours of mayhem in GTA VCS. I had infinite rockets and made the VC police's lives hell. This database may also be the reason a lot of people got ticked off about cheaters online LOL... I don't advocate cheating against others, buts its fun in solo sessions.
7.) misc apps like calculators, music players, video players that played more than just MP4 format
8.) ports of games like Cave Story, the helicopter flash game, the fan-made Legend of Zelda Return of the Hylian
9.) having access to the system's clockspeed and being able to change it to make games run better
10.) better themes, and I don't mean wallpapers, I mean full-on themes that changed the system's total appearance.
11.) homebrew games
12.) Being able to remap buttons in ANY game. This was particularly useful to me in the WWE games where you had to use the DPAD to move the character and couldn't change it. Using CWCheat's REMAPSP, I switched the DPAD control to the analog nub, and voila, perfect controls.
13.) Being able to play PSP games on PC monitor through remotejoy
14.) Being able to lock down the PSP with a password... yeah, Sony only just started doing that with the Vita. Its funny how hackers are always ahead of the game.
15.) Being able to increase the PSP's max audio output.

There was just so much stuff I'd be here all day listing it

I already told you why the PSP looks dead outside of Japan and it has nothing to do with hacks. If hacks were the reason, then wtf? Hacks are just as available in Japan as they are here. Why is the system still so alive there? Maybe because Sony actually markets it right over there?
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#28OhGoodGriefPosted 9/22/2013 6:26:37 AM
zandm7 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
You can't name me a single system that died due to piracy.

Just gonna say, this isn't entirely true. Look at Android.

While obviously it's not "dead," the vast majority of Android games have migrated to a freemium business model to circumvent the incredibly easy piracy available on that system. IAPs are more difficult to pirate than straight up apps. This has resulted in most games being difficult to play without paying large sums of money for in-game bonuses (currency, etc.). Also, it's lowering the production values of most games.

Now, I'm not saying the situation would be nearly as dire on Vita if it were hacked, but it's a no-brainer why companies view hacking warily. There's a fine line to walk on that subject.

Your realize android is growing insanely fast in popularity and now holds close majority of market share for phones right?
You also assumed games moving to f2p with micro transactions (which they aren't at any significant pace) means piracy is the reason.
Anyone could say devs find micro transactions more profitable which is why they're doing it.

Tldr; you example on android is false.
#29ItchyTasty93Posted 9/22/2013 6:38:09 AM
LOL on those pirates.

They are the reason on why theres so many games were not localized.

"why so mad?..Its just games"
LOL theyre not entitled to it since others payed for it and the devs worked hard for it

"were not supporting piracy or downloading any games.. just the homebrew in order to- blah blah"
Be contented on the features of your system.

If they don't want to spend money on games then they should STFU and they shouldve stayed in the kitchen instead and make some sandwich.

Piracy supporters or hackers = attention seekers
---
I'm your worst nightmare >:3
PSN: Itchy-Tasty93
#30Apocalypse1989Posted 9/22/2013 6:58:00 AM
alexg1989 posted...

I already told you why the PSP looks dead outside of Japan and it has nothing to do with hacks. If hacks were the reason, then wtf? Hacks are just as available in Japan as they are here. Why is the system still so alive there? Maybe because Sony actually markets it right over there?

Making a lot of f*p material for the otakus = brilliant marketing strategy ? Because those guys are currently keeping the PSP alive there.
---
^Imo, unless stated otherwise.