Rumor: La Mulana apparently announced for Vita in Japan

#11ThugETHPosted 9/23/2013 8:47:57 AM
I never heard of this game but just checked the trailer and it looks ok. Luckily my son has a Wii so I can try it out on that though it does look perfect for a handheld.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#12Klon_RedfieldPosted 9/23/2013 9:04:22 AM
It's way too hard for my taste, I got stuck on the first area after you enter the ruins and no walkthrough could help me.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey II (DS), SMT: Nocturne (PS2), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#13ToadWarriorPosted 9/23/2013 9:10:57 AM(edited)
Just have to come in here and say that this game is nothing like Spelunky or Dark Souls, but it is just as great (way better than Spelunky.)

It's basically Metroid style, but the puzzles are goddamn amazing, this game honestly feels like the most advanced and smartest Metroid game yet a true advancement in the genre...

It's honestly one of my favourite games ever... Do yourself a favour and play it, the level design, bosses, music, interconnected areas and puzzles, are just straight genius.

It isn't hard like Dark Souls or Spelunky... It's harder, you will not beat this game without a guide, I never use guides.... But I had to in this one. The bosses and enemies are tough, probably on par with most of the tougher 8 bit games..

It's the puzzles that will get you... In fact, they will haunt you...

Whole hearted reccomendation for La-Mulana, remake or original, both are amazing.
#14ToadWarriorPosted 9/23/2013 9:08:59 AM
Klon_Redfield posted...
It's way too hard for my taste, I got stuck on the first area after you enter the ruins and no walkthrough could help me.

This is true right here... Even using a walkthrough the game is nearly impossible, the later puzzles that span the entire ruins are just insane.
#15FaendrylPosted 9/23/2013 9:28:16 AM
3 bucks on Steam if you want to try it; probably be $15 on proprietary devices.
---
3570k@4.9GHz Delid | Asrock Extreme6 | G.Skill 16GB | MSI R7950 TF3 1200/1575 Crossfire X2 | Corsair TX750W | Cosmos S
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/907670
#16ToadWarriorPosted 9/23/2013 9:34:52 AM
Free if you want to try the original version, just have to download the fan translation.

Original's even harder though
#17Apocalypse1989Posted 9/23/2013 11:46:32 AM
How bad do you need to be at games to be stuck in the first part of a game ? Moving on...

I can't possibly see how some puzzles would work with a handheld screen (*cough* Endless Corridor*cough*). The TVita is probably a huge reason why this port exists.
---
^Imo, unless stated otherwise.
#18ToadWarriorPosted 9/23/2013 1:05:55 PM
Apocalypse1989 posted...
How bad do you need to be at games to be stuck in the first part of a game ? Moving on...

I can't possibly see how some puzzles would work with a handheld screen (*cough* Endless Corridor*cough*). The TVita is probably a huge reason why this port exists.

Why wouldn't the endless corridor work....? Just cause it would be hard to see the symbols?
#19Apocalypse1989Posted 9/24/2013 1:44:37 AM
Oh look, someone with a subtle get glasses post... Some of those symbols look extremely similar even on a big screen. Unless you use a guide (I didn't even know there were multiple ways of solving the puzzle) you'll waste a lot of time on that level or just give up.

But what do I know ? Someone might finish the level by accident.
---
^Imo, unless stated otherwise.