If Vita Lacks Exclusive Games, Why Do Many People Want Vita TV O.O?

#51OzzieArcanePosted 9/24/2013 12:14:14 AM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
OzzieArcane posted...
PSN PSP games but the only PSP game I want that isn't on PSN is Star Ocean 1.

This (and Star Ocean Second Evolution and Valkyrie Profile) is why I will have a PSP as long as possible.

I would have listed those two but I still have the PS1 games. Star Ocean 1 was never released here before the PSP version however.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#52LunarRoarPosted 9/24/2013 11:32:08 AM(edited)
Cheaper than a Vita, plays all of the Vita's games (not to mention PS1 Classics and any PSP game on PSN), and it's a perfect companion to the PS4. You put the PS4 in one room of the house, like your living room, and then you can put a Vita TV in your bedroom/basement/garage/etc so that you can stream PS4 without having to relocate the system every time.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#53DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/24/2013 11:34:17 AM
OzzieArcane posted...
ChemicalBurrito posted...
OzzieArcane posted...
PSN PSP games but the only PSP game I want that isn't on PSN is Star Ocean 1.

This (and Star Ocean Second Evolution and Valkyrie Profile) is why I will have a PSP as long as possible.

I would have listed those two but I still have the PS1 games. Star Ocean 1 was never released here before the PSP version however.

It's too bad they gimped the PSP version. :(
I was looking forward to it a lot, but the game just doesn't hold up without the to-scale world.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#54link6616Posted 9/24/2013 5:49:49 PM
I know a number of people who want it basically to play Persona 4 Golden, and various PS1 classics and the odd PSP game.
---
There is no "CTRL" button on Sho's computer. Sho is ALWAYS in control.
schloopysnoopy
#55MMaestroPosted 9/24/2013 8:35:42 PM
They don't.

The vast majority of people are nothing more than fanboys who are blindly supporting the product because its from Sony. If these people cared about the Vita TV THIS MUCH, they'd already own a Vita. And since they (should) already own a Vita, they shouldn't care THIS MUCH about the Vita TV. (I already own a Vita, why should I buy a glorified $100 box to play Vita games on my TV? Just sell me some cheap $15 Vita-to-TV HDMI cables)
#56StrikeNinja24Posted 9/24/2013 8:40:24 PM
Are people really falling for this PR speech? Come on now. Sony was never not going to bring it to the West. This is a giant ploy to create hype in the hopes of more people will buy it because of said hype.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#57Kageblade23Posted 9/24/2013 8:45:58 PM
gamezero6 posted...
DarthLaharl posted...
gamezero6 posted...
People don't know what they want.

Vita has no gaemz I'll wait... Oh that PSVita TV looks sweet I'm getting that ASAP!

Yeah I'm on a diet so no unhealthy food for me, Oh (Enter Burger joint here) has a new heart attack Burger looks delicious I'm getting it ASAP!

People are very fickle, you, me, errrbody does it.

I ain't getting it and I just hope my wife doesn't find out about it bad enough she wants a PS4/XB1 just for Netflix?

If your wife wants a PS4/XB1 just for Netflix then wouldn't it make more sense to just get her a Vita TV since it's cheaper and also has a Netflix app?

I got her one of those Smart Tvs with apps and such including Netflix for Mother's Day in our bedroom and an XB360 in the main room and I just got her a touch screen laptop also we got an anniversary coming up, plus Christmas after that my poor wallet ;(

Apologies for the rant but, she's set for Netflix oh she also has a 3DS and a Samsung Android phone.

What I'm saying is I am NOT buying a gaming device just to stream Netflix...

Now with that being said I do plan on getting my wife and daughter a WiiU for gaming... and Netflix ~_~

lol it seems as if your wallet suffers due to netflix not because of gaming... that sucks :(
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#58Kageblade23Posted 9/24/2013 8:54:01 PM
DirtyHarry11 posted...
SekaiIchiban posted...
Starwars4J posted...
I'm guessing the people who do want it are eager to play what exclusive titles the Vita does have upscaled on a TV

Or want a cheap streaming console and a companion for PS4

Bingo. It basically allows you to play many Vita games, PSP games, and PS1 games all on your TV and it's fairly inexpensive. Not to mention PS4 remote play, netflix, etc

but a ps3 can already play ps1 games a computer can emulate psp games and ps1 and ps2 and other consoles and is just a bit more expensive than the vita itself plus it can do netflix etc. etc. etc. plus most people already have both of these. a standard vita can do remote play and you dont need a tv for it plus youd be able to play those games anywhere instead of lugging around the PVT and a tv... but if your bringing with you elsewhere more often than not its because you are going to co-op and the only way you can co-op on vita is either thru ad-hoc or network... if anything the vita tv is really only good for single player campaign games and rpgs

my only question that may be a plus the vita tv has over the vita is are the emulated games also upscaled or are they formatted to fit the screen with black borders with the ability to be stretched if thats the case then you may as well play ps1 games on ps3
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#59RaikuroPosted 9/24/2013 8:57:05 PM
MMaestro posted...
They don't.

The vast majority of people are nothing more than fanboys who are blindly supporting the product because its from Sony. If these people cared about the Vita TV THIS MUCH, they'd already own a Vita. And since they (should) already own a Vita, they shouldn't care THIS MUCH about the Vita TV. (I already own a Vita, why should I buy a glorified $100 box to play Vita games on my TV? Just sell me some cheap $15 Vita-to-TV HDMI cables)

Some people just don't like handhelds that much, but appreciate games that don't try to cater to full on console graphic hogs, which usually end up exclusively for handhelds. If they announced a "2DS TV" right now I'd sell my 3DS XL and enjoy Pokemon on a glorious giant screen.
#60gamezero6Posted 9/25/2013 5:21:30 AM
Kageblade23 posted...
lol it seems as if your wallet suffers due to netflix not because of gaming... that sucks :(

Its both really :)

I just use Netflix as an excuse(scapegoat) not to buy a launch console that's all.

I plan to buy a PS4 in the future when it's cheaper. PSVita TV seems good for people who want a Vita but, rather have the games displayed on a TV?
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069