ps vita games for a 9 yr old girl

#1LaOz99Posted 9/22/2013 10:48:44 PM
I need sum advice on games for a 9 yr old girl. I was thnkng of getting my little girl a ps vita for xmas and was wondering what kind of games are out there..... she is open to any kind of games. She likes fighting games because she is always wants to play against me on the 360. But finds it difficult to play single player games. I would like any games that is easy for her to lvl and kill thngs but wont get her bored after 10min of play PLZ HELP CONFUSED DAD!!!!!!
#2Semi45aPosted 9/22/2013 10:49:42 PM
Shantae Half Genie Hero.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#3sentoworfPosted 9/22/2013 10:54:08 PM
Tearaway
Vita Pets
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#4XphoenixedgeXPosted 9/22/2013 10:56:50 PM
Dead or Alive 5 is a good fighting game for novices. She also might like Playstation All Stars Battle Royal, the game is very easy on normal settings and below.
My 10 year old sister like those fighting games in addition to Little Big Planet. Maybe your daughter would enjoy those games as well.
#5tutububuPosted 9/22/2013 11:04:04 PM
Instead of fighting games, try introducing non-violent genres. I personally really, really enjoy Hot Shots Golf World Invitational. It's easy to play, easy to pick-up and stop (but difficult to master). It even has an Easy Mode if you get frustrated.
#6Semi45aPosted 9/22/2013 11:07:57 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
Dead or Alive 5 is a good fighting game for novices. She also might like Playstation All Stars Battle Royal, the game is very easy on normal settings and below.
My 10 year old sister like those fighting games in addition to Little Big Planet. Maybe your daughter would enjoy those games as well.

I would not subject that awful game (PASBR) to anybody. Especially a 9 year old girl. LBP is okay.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#7XphoenixedgeXPosted 9/22/2013 11:18:51 PM
Semi45a posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...

I would not subject that awful game (PASBR) to anybody. Especially a 9 year old girl. LBP is okay.

She likes that game mainly because of Fat Princess, but likes how it plays too. She does however prefer Smash Bros Brawl, but that's mainly because of the more recognizable characters.
#8j2zon2591Posted 9/22/2013 11:30:51 PM
LaOz99 posted...
I need sum advice on games for a 9 yr old girl. I was thnkng of getting my little girl a ps vita for xmas and was wondering what kind of games are out there..... she is open to any kind of games. She likes fighting games because she is always wants to play against me on the 360. But finds it difficult to play single player games. I would like any games that is easy for her to lvl and kill thngs but wont get her bored after 10min of play PLZ HELP CONFUSED DAD!!!!!!

Maybe a 3DS would suit her better due to Mario/Pokemon/Disney ragers for kids.. mostly for social building outside the house with some other kids.

Tekken/Street Fighter/Dead or Alive/BlazBlue have 3DS iterations.

Here's a VITA list of fighters (not sure if updated):

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/date/fighting/vita?view=detailed

Unless her friends are 99% smart device users (they're pretty affordable now).

Don't know w/c country you're from but here in California I see plenty of 2-5 year olds weened with smart devices. I'd assume kids aged higher are more likely fiddling more with those kinds of electronics.

Anyway, why a VITA? Is it because you're also interested to spend time with the system?

It just seems to be that iOS/3DS seem to have more child friendly games.

Maybe you can talk more about your daughter.

Does she like Minecraft? There's rumored to be a VITA version but not sure if it's just the PS4 remote play since MC is officially coming to PS4.
#9Infinite_XeroPosted 9/22/2013 11:58:39 PM
- LittleBigPlanet
- BlazBlue
- Dokuro
- Escape Plan
- PlayStation All Stars
#10FelineCyborgPosted 9/23/2013 1:07:36 AM
rayman origins or legends seems like a good choice. also not a vita game but available for vita off PSN is patapon.
---
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon