Really? 7.9-8.1? For the System itself? Come on guys.

#1XCrossYZPosted 9/24/2013 7:03:25 AM
Just randomly clicked on the Vita summary, and saw the 7.9 and 8.1 ratings. I'm sure a lot of the negative ones are trolls, but the Vita ITSELF is a 9, heck 8.7 the least. It's an awesome hardware, I hope some of the reviews aren't based on games. Games =/= hardware.
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#2KillingHarderPosted 9/24/2013 7:10:13 AM
The hardware has had some issues though. The preparing to download freeze, squeaky shoulder triggers, firmware issues, low battery life, some people hate the interface, you can't change your avatar unless you do it from a PS3, system locks up from time to time, etc.

It's just an opinion dude. Get over it.
#3Starwars4JPosted 9/24/2013 7:15:16 AM
KillingHarder posted...
The hardware has had some issues though. The preparing to download freeze, squeaky shoulder triggers, firmware issues, low battery life, some people hate the interface, you can't change your avatar unless you do it from a PS3, system locks up from time to time, etc.

Not to mention the sticks have poor range of motion, the speakers are poorly placed, the game card slot cover annoys a lot of people by being too tight, the rear touchpad annoys people to no end, etc...

I'm not saying it's terrible, but there are legitimate complaints about it. Having two "sticks" and moderately powerful hardware doesn't make something an automatic 9/10
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#4XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:32:19 AM
Starwars4J posted...
KillingHarder posted...

Not to mention the sticks have poor range of motion, the speakers are poorly placed, the game card slot cover annoys a lot of people by being too tight, the rear touchpad annoys people to no end, etc...

I'm not saying it's terrible, but there are legitimate complaints about it. Having two "sticks" and moderately powerful hardware doesn't make something an automatic 9/10

The sticks and the rear touch pad are the only reasons I personally don't give it anything above 9, but I don't think it deserves below 8.7 though.
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#5blunderminePosted 9/24/2013 7:32:45 AM
It's like a car that runs on plutonium. It may look nice but if you can't drive it then you're not going to give it a very good score.
#6Starwars4JPosted 9/24/2013 7:50:25 AM
XCrossYZ posted...
The sticks and the rear touch pad are the only reasons I personally don't give it anything above 9, but I don't think it deserves below 8.7 though.

Okay that's fine, but other people do. What may not be an issue to you can be to others. You can't just chalk up different opinions to "it's trollin'!"
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7mike_411Posted 9/24/2013 7:54:31 AM
It's more nitpicking but yeah people are entitled to their own opinions man, it's fine. I could list out quite a few problems about every console or handheld that would be annoying to me but not to others.

It is what it is.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
#8BahamutBBobPosted 9/24/2013 7:56:07 AM
KillingHarder posted...
you can't change your avatar unless you do it from a PS3

I thought you could? But only the stock avatars, none of the premium/free for plus/etc. avatars.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#9Semi45aPosted 9/24/2013 7:56:14 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/631516-wii-u

now be quiet and take it like a man.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#10ChemicalBurritoPosted 9/24/2013 8:11:07 AM
XCrossYZ posted...
Just randomly clicked on the Vita summary, and saw the 7.9 and 8.1 ratings. I'm sure a lot of the negative ones are trolls, but the Vita ITSELF is a 9, heck 8.7 the least.

No, those are pretty fair. The rear touch pad was a poorly-implemented gimmick, the proprietary and slow memory cards are a glaring flaw, and the battery life is poor when comparing it to previous handhelds. The speakers are also poorly-placed.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...