"Sony's PS Vita TV Is Brilliant, Could Destroy the PS Vita"

#31WartPig_Posted 9/26/2013 6:06:29 PM
Werzaque posted...
Note that with the Vita TV releasing this early after the launch of the Vita noTV, it means that the production of the Vita TV was already at the point of no return when the Vita noTV released. So this article is bull to start with.

thats a good point.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#32VsinPosted 9/26/2013 6:14:29 PM
I honestly agree with the article, to an extent. With the rather high volume of compatibility issues stemming from the lack of front/rear touch, there can easily be a severe desync between VTV and PSV titles.

The oddball part, though, is that I don't necessarily think that this desync is actually going to end up cannibalizing the PSV. Fact of the matter is, both the VTV and the PS4 are going to have the inherent design restrictions of the PSV interface (namely, no L/R 2/3) due to cross-compatibility and Remote Play. The flow of PSV games isn't going to suddenly dry up just because a different console shows up...and if preorders are any indication, this console isn't exactly selling poorly.

I mean, if we go into a future where PSVs stop selling and VTV is all the rage, then MAYBE we might see VTV-only games, but I don't see that being something that could happen any time soon.
---
If I'm not Vsin, I'm Aldracity.
#33wvnative03Posted 9/27/2013 7:15:33 AM
mjc0961 posted...
gadgaurd posted...
The only downside I see is little to no touchscreen in the future, since there will be more TVitas out than the handhelds and TVita can't do touchscreen.

Actually if that happened, it would be a good thing. The biggest problem with every actual Vita game is either the use of the touch screen or the use of the rear touch pad (or both). If Uncharted Golden Abyss 2 (or whatever) came out with actual melee combat instead of that touch screen swipey crap the first game had, that would be an improvement.

Also the other side effect would be that it would actually make a Vita TV worth owning and then people might buy one. But therein lies the problem. Sony needs Vita TV to sell so that developers will make Vita games that can be played on both Vita and Vita TV so that people will buy Vita TVs...

But not really, because apparently Sony fanboys grew Apple level of loyalty and want Vita TV anyway despite it currently being the most useless piece of s*** introduced to gaming since the N-Gage. So that will take care of the first part of what would otherwise be a complete disaster of a business plan.

This guy knows whats up. Yeah my biggest issue with the vita are the gimmicky controls the games use and Vita TV can solve this.

God I hope we get a US release...
---
RIP 60gb PS3, December 25th, 2006-July 12th, 2012
#34PrinceOfHotPosted 9/27/2013 7:29:14 AM
Wow the editor had opinions. Freaking out. If the Vita TV is successful it will increase the success of the more decked out models, IE more games.
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
#35sworderPosted 9/27/2013 8:26:31 AM
Vsin posted...
I mean, if we go into a future where PSVs stop selling and VTV is all the rage, then MAYBE we might see VTV-only games, but I don't see that being something that could happen any time soon.

There is no such thing as VTV-only games. The handheld can play all the games. What we would see is less games without touch functionality, which is something I couldn't care about anyway
#36nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 9:33:08 AM
sworder posted...
Vsin posted...

There is no such thing as VTV-only games. The handheld can play all the games. What we would see is less games without touch functionality, which is something I couldn't care about anyway

Vita is not HD .. may be VTV is .. and if that is the case, it may have games only support true HD resolution and cannot be run on the vita.
#37embrandedonePosted 10/2/2013 10:28:19 AM
LiquiDZerO posted...
WoefulyDolorous posted...
PC MAG

dont understand the purpose of handhelds

why would i play a handheld when i have a perfectly good pc?!?!?!?

*claps* That was wonderful.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#38Pupu27Posted 10/2/2013 10:52:49 AM
Rygon posted...
Vita TV is a Vita so its potential success is to the success of the Vita platform. It's not a competition between SKUs. Whichever one sells more helps the other.

If everybody gives up Vita and buys Vita TV then games like Kill Zone Mercenary will be obsolete. The two systems only help each other if they are compatible with each other.
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#39serenade_betaPosted 10/2/2013 11:10:26 AM
What, someone got money for writing that article? Everyone can tell that the TV is going to hurt the original. That is one reason it seemed so stupid in the first place.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#40mcmo21Posted 10/2/2013 11:24:22 AM
aint they releasing an update so the ps4 controller will be playable for the vita tv? which then we will be able to play the touchscreen games??