"Sony's PS Vita TV Is Brilliant, Could Destroy the PS Vita"

#41McMarblesPosted 10/2/2013 12:20:22 PM
Does narius even know who he's trolling anymore?
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#42DragonyeuwPosted 10/2/2013 12:34:19 PM
Being able to play native Vita games, Ps1 or PSP games on a Tv isn't the main appeal of the Vita TV, IMHO that's secondary functionality as the main Vita model can already play those games. It's being able to connect the Vita to the bedroom TV, or the home office monitor and stream PS4 games directly to those screens that's the selling point.
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita, PSP3000... Nintendo Wii, Blue 3dsXL,SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast
#43cmincPosted 10/2/2013 12:51:46 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...
Being able to play native Vita games, Ps1 or PSP games on a Tv isn't the main appeal of the Vita TV, IMHO that's secondary functionality as the main Vita model can already play those games. It's being able to connect the Vita to the bedroom TV, or the home office monitor and stream PS4 games directly to those screens that's the selling point.

I thank you for typing that for me, sir. Everything else it does is just a bonus.
---
---
#44CRU54D3RPosted 10/5/2013 12:30:49 AM
I honestly don't get all the Vita hate, especially in relation to the touchscreen. You don't complain about how smartphones have touchscreens, do you? Personally, I think it's an awesome feature, and definitely is something the PSP was lacking(I'm using it to type this as we speak). We don't need people discouraging innovation!

Plus, I don't get what's so great about this garbage Vita TV. Why do you need it to stream games to your TV from a PS4 when you could, you know, hook your PS4 up to your TV to begin with? /facepalm. What we need are some solid Vita exclusives, an overhaul on internet connectivity, etc... but not some gimmicky piece of crap console reboot, which completely misses the point of a handheld.
---
3DS FC: 3308-4590-0986
PSN/Steam ID: Necrodragn
#45chrcolPosted 10/5/2013 4:30:28 AM
TwilightEchoes posted...
I don't get the appeal. I understand it, but it seems dumb. "Here's this system so you don't have to play handheld games on a handheld!"

I guess if you wanted to show the games off to others that well and fine, but that's hardly worth the pricetag in question. You're essentially paying for a TV experience for games too stripped down for the native hardware to warrant it.

yes it has a market for sure.

think of 2 problems.

1 - normal consoles are big and take up space, use lots of power etc. handhelds are portable, power efficient.
2 - screens on handhelds are too small to play on comfortable.

solution?

the handheld can output to a big screen, many people have known this for several years, custom roms on the psp had the functionality, people have been asking for it on the vita and sony have somehow finally figured it out.
#46chrcolPosted 10/5/2013 4:34:48 AM
CRU54D3R posted...
I honestly don't get all the Vita hate, especially in relation to the touchscreen. You don't complain about how smartphones have touchscreens, do you? Personally, I think it's an awesome feature, and definitely is something the PSP was lacking(I'm using it to type this as we speak). We don't need people discouraging innovation!

Plus, I don't get what's so great about this garbage Vita TV. Why do you need it to stream games to your TV from a PS4 when you could, you know, hook your PS4 up to your TV to begin with? /facepalm. What we need are some solid Vita exclusives, an overhaul on internet connectivity, etc... but not some gimmicky piece of crap console reboot, which completely misses the point of a handheld.

touch screens is aweful for playing games, its not innovation at all. innovating is improving and if you think a touchscreen is an improvement over a gamepad I dread to think why.

the main reason's smartphones get away with touchscreens as it supports their portable state and maxing out screen size, but it doesnt mean its superior to things like gamepads, mouse and keyboards, its just a best case scenario for the cirumstances of using a phone.

vita tv is far from garbage. It should be a success if sony market it right and handle its release properly. knowing them it will be in japan only or something, or only support a small amount of games etc. of course I think they are a bit stupid to market it as seperate device as it willeat into vita sales, instead they should have made the new vita have a hdmi out port, as thats more expensive than that = more profit.
#47darkphiresagePosted 10/5/2013 5:07:46 AM
CRU54D3R posted...

you been living under a rock son?

because it's very convenient if you wanna have access to your psp/v/1/4 games on 2 tv's in your house, or EXTREMELY convenient if you wanna have access to those games on 2 tv's anywhere. (add ps2/3 games if gaikai comes through) and I get to do this for $150 or less. I don't quite understand why some people don't get what makes this a great deal. let alone the fact that netflix and all the rest of that stuff works with it too and it's supposed stream tv.

it's like a ps4, vita and roku box had a threesome, and you get to keep the sextape for $150....and people are still b*******. wtf do you want?
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#48FKRW4LifePosted 10/5/2013 5:31:17 AM
Sometimes I want the vita to fail just so TC can't cry/troll about this system anymore.

Honestly you new posters here have no idea what this troll is or does. But you're in for a good (bad) show. Lmao

Hope this helps lil guy :)
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#49MATADOR480Posted 10/5/2013 12:57:13 PM
Well well well... I see Mr. Derp has come out from under his bridge.
Go away nariusseldork.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#50zandm7Posted 10/5/2013 1:59:08 PM
This article is pretty dumb and is taking an unrealistically pessimistic view on things (that doesn't make sense unless you're thinking in absolute worst-case scenarios).

Logically, the Vita TV would only help augment and further develop the Vita as a platform, hopefully raising developer interest, software sales, and ownership.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7